We have rented one of these condos for a week every February for the past 15 years so obviously we have been extremely satisfied overall.
Wailea Elua Village is a verdant oasis of peace and tranquility surrounded by huge crowded noisy 4 star hotels. The units are strategically positioned for maximum privacy and are surrounded by perfectly manicured lawns on rolling acres punctuated by vibrant bougainvillea, flowering Hibiscus and ginger.
We have always booked a unit through Destination Resorts and their services, including Housekeeping, has always been beyond reproach. However, it is important to know that each of these units have a different owner so don't expect uniformity as it relates to decor or appointments.
After years of staying at different units in the 1100 and 1300 buildings we have decided that our favorites are 1301 and 1302. Any of the units in the 1300 blocks are the closest to the water as you can get in a one bedroom. 1302 is on the top floor and 1301 is directly below. We have no experience with the units closer to the road.
1302 looks out on the reef on Ulua Beach and does not get direct sunlight which suited us fine.
When we wanted sun we just grabbed our towels and walked right out to the water. Most of the condos have beach chairs and other goodies to use but some are better equipped than others.
The reef is kind of protected from the surf and easy to snorkel and there are lots of fish and turtles. The size of the waves on the beach of course varies depending on the weather but its usually pretty easy to swim. We are not pool people but it looks very nice.
There is a gym near the pool and many people run on the 1+ mile path in front of the condos that runs from Ulua Beach south toward Makena Beach; it ends at the Fairmont Kea Lani, home of Nicks Fishmarket, one of our favorite restaurants.
They perform most of the grounds keeping including mowing on Wednesday mornings so if possible time your visit around that; its very noisy. We like to arrive Wednesday afternoon and leave on a Tuesday.
Probably not the best place to stay for kids. Most of the people are older and don't appreciate much noise - especially at night. Any of the hotels would probably have more to do and be more fun for kids.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Elua Village Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Elua Village Hotel
- Wailea Elua Village Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on beautiful Ulua Beach, this private Wailea condo resort spans 24 acres of manicured lawns and gardens. Catering to an adult crowd where peace and relaxation are primary, there is easy access to the Shops at Wailea as well as the Wailea Beach Walk – a ½ mile path that wanders Maui's coastline through stunning sandy beaches, Hawaiian cultural sites and gardens, and the luxury seaside homes and resorts of Wailea. Outstanding amenities include two swimming pools, a whirlpool spa, paddle tennis court, putting green and BBQ facilities. Beautifully appointed 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom condos feature a separate living/dining area, fully equipped kitchen, private lanai or patio with barbecue grill and en-suite washer and dryer. Added values include FREE parking, FREE hi speed wireless internet access, FREE calls to the U.S and Canada, daily housekeeping and preferred rates at Wailea Golf Courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Wailea Elua Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.