“Great Food, even better Bar” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick's Fishmarket Maui is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Wailea
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Pacific Rim
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kaukahi Street in the Fairmont Kea Lani
Dewey, Arizona
“Great Food, even better Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We tried to get into KO's but it was booked. We tried here and it was booked. Must be a great place I thought. We sat at the bar and ordered dinner. I had 2 lobster tacos for $5 each. That is a deal in Hawaii. They were fantastic. My wife had some terriaki chicken sticks and they were great as well. The best part was the bar-tenders. We ordered a couple of drinks with our meals. The bar-tender was very nice and talkative. When he made to much in a blender, he would pour the left-overs in a small glass and give it to us. He defineltly got a great tip. Great food, great hospitality.

Visited February 2013

Vassalboro, Maine
“"Sinewy Ahi" and terrible reaction from servers?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were hoping this was "fine dining." Anything but. Our tuna couldn't be cut cleanly with a steak knife. It was advertised as "sashimi grade." My wife's portion was especially disappointing. I know that tuna sometimes has a strand or two of "sinew" in it. But when I pointed out the poor quality to the server he blew me off saying with condescension in his voice that tuna, of course, comes with sinew in it. NOT AT $42.00 A SERVING AND CAN'T BE CUT WITH A KNIFE. No attempt to get some comment/apology from the maitre d' and no extra attention to us. We couldn't wait to leave without dessert. Won't ever go back given the choices on Maui.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ontario, CA
“Best dinner of trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a great dinner at Nick's Fishmarket. Service was fantastic! Very attentive without being overbearing. Husband had the rack of lamb and I had the Hawaiian Opah with the thai curry sauce and both were prepared perfectly.

Visited March 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Delicious meal; confusing service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My partner at I dined here the evening of our first night staying at the Fairmont Kea Lani. We opted for Nick's because it seemed to have more variety and a more casual atmosphere, as compared to Ko. We booked through the hotel's concierge.

The menu had lots of options; my partner and I split the caesar salad to start, I had the salmon as my entree, and my partner had the Filet Mignon. The food was excellent, we both loved our dishes. The hint of balsamic in the caesar dressing was amazing!

What confused us about the service (see review's title) was the number of staff that attended to us. There was literally a different person every time someone came to our table - we had no idea who our actual server was! Not exaggerating at all, separate person for: giving us water, asking us our drink order, bringing the drinks, bringing bread, asking if we wanted menus, bringing menus, asking us if we wanted a second round of drinks, bringing our mains... it was odd!

My partner and I would definitely return to Nick's, as the food was outstanding!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Rhode Island
“Great location and management/service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very well managed restaurant with excellent food and service. The setting is very romantic and the location is great. We eat here twice on each trip. Expensive but reasonable for the quality and service.

Visited February 2013