“Overpriced and pretentious” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick's Fishmarket Maui is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Wailea
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Pacific Rim
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kaukahi Street in the Fairmont Kea Lani
California
“Overpriced and pretentious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I think I bought into (literally!) the hype surrounding this place because it was a huge disappointment.

We booked early for Christmas Dinner and wish we'd have just stayed at our hotel restaurant. Seriously, it was overpriced for very small portions of nothingness.

My $65 lobster was, I kid you not, smaller than the dead lobster I encountered on my beach run. I think I managed to dig out 5 small pieces of meat. Beneath the lobster-ette were several pieces of gnocchi and some sauce. That's it.

My kids got the special fish dinners and they were OK but certainly nothing special that could not have been had at any other restaurant at 1/2 the price.

There was a guy going around taking family photos. When we asked if there was a fee, he skirted the question. Toward the end of dinner he brought the photo, telling us how easy it was to take photos of nice looking families, laid it on the table and then said it was $20. We declined, not because we are cheap, but because it seemed very misleading and false.

I guess, however, it's not surprising because everything about this place is false. Don't be fooled.

San Francisco, California
“Great fish restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Not just fish but also steak and chops, a great kid's menu and great service. Pricey, very pricey but typical of Hawaii.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Super food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Service was great. Food was delicious. Dress was fairly casual for the venue. I wore some nice sandals, shorts and a short sleeve collared shirt. We had fish tacos, calamari, ahi tuna and daily catch which was Monchong.

Calgary, Canada
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family visited Nicks on a number of occasions and booked our New Years dinner for 2011/ 2012 months in advance. When we arrived ( 15 min early ) they told us our table was not ready. We waited over an hour and finally were sat in the bar at the end of the restaurant. Not the quaint little spot we hoped for. The meal took over 2 1/2 hours to arrive. We had no less than 5 different servers. What a disappointment . I paid the $500 ( with no tip ) and walked out. I should have complained, but I just wanted to get the heck out of there.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We had a great evening at Nick's. the service was excellent and we had a lovely family photo taken. While I love family photos; I can understand why people who don't; having just sat down are asked to get up to pose for one. My son loved his breaded chicken breast and fries (picky eater) and our appetizers were delish, but both our meals were served lukewarm and I think they were intended to be served that way -- but I think they would have been tastier served hot. I would definitely recommend!