“Vow Renewal at Andaz Maui at Wailea” 5 of 5 stars

Good Morning Sunshine
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portage, Michigan
“Vow Renewal at Andaz Maui at Wailea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We chose the new property, Andaz Maui, to renew our wedding vows after twenty years. The Andaz staff referred us to Laurie and Rev. Al at Makena Weddings to assist and plan the service. Photographer Michael, from Pacific Dream Photography, captured the event with a beautiful sunset and ocean backdrop. During our one week stay, we were very pleased with the friendly and accommodating staff which allowed us to enjoy a wonderful vacation. There is an amazing wait staff at Ka'ana kitchen where we enjoyed breakfast everyday. The spa is beautiful and the staff is friendly and provides excellent service. There were a few glitches, which is understandable in a newly opened hotel. Management dealt with them promptly and professionally so don't let that deter you from a visit. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Our suite on the 7th floor had great ocean views and was spacious, quiet and clean. There is soakin...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

548 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
trojanchick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I are in Maui for our honeymoon and gave the Andaz a try because it opened only about one month ago. I have to say that we are blown away. We are staying in the King with full ocean view and it's perfectly designed with a picture perfect view. The staff members who greeted us in front and all throughout the hotel really love what they do--and you can tell. The property is also stunning with 5 pools, and open feel and the serenity you would expect from Hawaii. One last rave is the food and drink here--creative and fresh. I had the jalapeño margarita on my arrival and it was the best drink I have had in a while--representative of everything they do here. If you are able to splurge--do it here.

• Stayed October 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We spent the 2nd part of our honeymoon at the Andaz after staying at the Regency Maui. This hotel is beautiful and definitely "An Experience." From the moment we arrive we were blown away with the staff and their service.

We stayed in room #724 which was a suite and amazing! The hotel is exactly the way you see it in the pictures. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast most mornings in Ka’ana Kitchen, the breakfast is $45 per person and has a great variety of options. The Bumbye Beach Bar is really good also. During our stay we could go down to the pools around 11 and there were plenty of seats still available. The resort offers a complimentary transportation service to take you to places in Wailea. We had a car, but used their service for dinner and just called them when we were ready to be picked up. We are already planning our next visit!

All of the staff we interacted with were very pleasant. Please thank Darren, Robin, Jennie, Chef Ben, Anthony and Biancaa for their outstanding service!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was really looking forward to staying at Andaz ever since I heard it was supposed to open earlier this summer. I had my vacation booked months in advance and when I checked in I wasn't disappointed. I was checked in by Jill (who is an amazing host) and was recognized as being a diamond member. I was escorted to my suite on the 5th floor and was amazed by the million dollar views. The Ka'ana kitchen was as amazing as I heard it was. I had the breakfast experience which consisted of the buffet which includes made to order eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit and more! The breakfast also entitles you to order a half order of items on the menu. I felt like my 4 night stay was too short and should've stayed longer! This hotel gives the four seasons a run for its money and in my opinion is better than the grand wailea. Everybody was extremely friendly and personable. I will definitely come back to Andaz in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and i and another couple have just recently stayed at the Andaz.
The 4 days we spent at the hotel in Maui were pure bliss.
The hotel has recently opened, and all the finishings were beautiful.
From the moment we walked into the hotel, our personal point of contact Jill was extraordinary.
Nothing was aproblem and all our needs and requests were fully catered for.
The bar staff were amazing, kept us entertained particularly James.
We really cant fault any part of this hotel, the facilities, food, and ambience was amazing.
Highly recommended and we'll definately come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The experience began two weeks prior to arrival while in the midst of final wedding preparations I received a call from Debbie, a concierge at the Andaz. There was no hassling, but instead a conversation where I felt like I was talking with an old friend. Perfect recommendations for my wife and I were discussed and the planning began with little or no work on my end...the Andaz was already taking care of it.
When we arrived at the beautiful premises there was no check-in desk. We were instantly taken in by the serene, zen-like environment and sat on a comfortable sofa, over-looking the ocean and discussing our week-long vacation. Again, no work on our behalf. The Andaz was taking care of it.
We were then introduced to Dahvii. He is the "Experience Manager" at the hotel. From that point on, as if the hotel hadn't already proved that it was the best experience we would have in a resort, Dahvii made our trip that much more spectacular. From recommendations, to simple conversation at cocktail hour. He elevated our experience once again.
It's not that the property is so grandiose (it is gorgeous with a beautiful beach). It's the little things that they did for us. Joe at the breakfast buffet who was making our fresh juices sticks out in my mind as someone who made us feel special for something seemingly small and, dare I say, trivial. It is those details. Those small details that the Andaz property understands perfectly. Every staff member was unbelievably friendly and genuine. Every drink was mixed perfectly. Every meal tasted like the best we had ever had.
I will always come back to this resort and recommend it to whomever I can. You all created a perfect honeymoon for Ali and I and we are grateful.

Much Love,
Nick and Ali Richey

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'm just finishing up with an 8 night stay at Andaz, Wailea, Maui. I really don't feel like leaving..
I was greeted upon arrival by Michael who it turns out, I only discovered today, is the General Manager. He had not told me during my entire stay and he has been fabulous. So have all of the other team that work to make staying here a great experience.
This hotel has a cool vibe. Most of the servers and staff are young adults. They are happy and vibrant, fresh and seem very happy to work here. Nothing is too much trouble.
The room I have been in faces the main pools. (I've counted 4 pools but there could be more....I found my favorites and stayed at those). My room has it's own grass patch, frangipani trees, hibiscus tress, chairs, deck which are out from large glass doors. The room itself is very calming in natural colours of sand, white with beautiful chunky timber joinery and a day bed to recline on if you feel like some solitude. The bed is super comfortable, the lighting is gorgeous. The bathroom and layout is fantastic. The entire hotel is perfectly clean and spotless.
The resort is easy to navigate and doesn't feel too massive and large. It feels welcoming and personable and natural. Oh, and the lobby is wonderful with a central sand pit!
There are two bars and both are great. The cocktails are wonderful and the food is very fresh, natural and healthy.
I dined at the main restaurant several times and again the food was delicious. I loved the Ceviche.
The beach here is stunning and the beach staff are also really good. Lots of activities, great sun beds. Loads of towels...as many bottles of wear as you need.
This hotel is stunning, natural has a cool, summer vibe.
I'm already planning my next trip.
Thank you Andaz!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!