“Superb experience.” 5 of 5 stars

(808) 879-2999
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 41 Restaurants in Wailea
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Four Seasons Hotel
Transit: Shops of Wailea
“Superb experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011 via mobile

Best dinner in a while. They hit every nail on the head. Atmosphere. Service. Food. Value. A nice place, so you pay a nice place price. But it's worth it. I'll be going back for sure. They made an impression.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This time we sat at the bar and had pretty little fruu-fru drinks and appetizers and the whole experience was perfect! Last time I had dinner and ate under the stars, very romantic!! Food melted in your mouth! The menu is very pricey but you are at Spago's ! This is must stop while you are in Maui, even if it is just for cocktails at the bar. The service is impeccable and the manager Francois is the most charming host!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LA
“Not up to Par...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed at the Four Seasons for 3 nights (see seperate review) and dined here our last night. The food was good not great, the decor also good but not spectacular. The service stellar. I was a little put off by the piped in music loop/tape of blaring classic rock music.
Not the right enviornment for the Who screaming "Won't Get Fooled Again".
Have eaten in Spago L. A., B.H. and Vegas this was was just not up to par, no Wow factor.
The 4 seasons by the way is beyond reproach as a hotel/resort.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hilo, Hawaii
“Beautiful setting with great food- I wish I had had a 5 star experience for the money...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

It would have been five stars except for my having a bug in my salad. When I told a waitress about the bug she promptly cleared it away from me but I never heard anything of it after that....and I STILL PAID FOR IT!
I live on the Big Island and was hosting guests celebrating a birthday and recent wedding and did not want to make a fuss with them present. I have to say, when I drop ~$500 on a dinner for four, I expect no bugs AND much better apologies when a bug is present...not to mention, not paying for the bugged salad.
I did contact them through the Spago website after the fact and got a response...I am still not sure if I will venture back to Spago when travel back to Maui in a few months to celebrate another few birthdays...there are so many other fantastic restaurants that made me feel more valued and provided equally good food. The one thing I cannot argue is the setting- its BEAUTIFUL. They gave us a great table and servers were very nice. I just wish that there had either been no bug OR that they comped the salad (at the least!)...I hardly could eat once the salad was cleared.
The 3 stars come from the impact the meal had on my guests, everyone else had a wonderful meal, cleaned their plates, and enjoyed a beautiful setting. Without the bug it would have been 5 stars. MInus 2 for poor handling of the situation even when given an opportunity to do something when contacted again after the fact.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Not much competition...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Everything else in the area is is pretty poor. That is not to say that this place is good. It is not really good. Genuine fine dining does not really exist in Maui. The rent and brand prices are reflected on the check.

• Visited January 2011