“Loved the tasting” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alan Wong's Amasia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 41 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wailea Ike
Naples, Florida
“Loved the tasting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed the tasting. It's pricey, but we loved every dish from beginning to end and everything was so fresh and flavorful. For dessert we chose the malasadas and the coconut and both were delicious. Our waitress did a great job and the nice manager made great recommendations for our trip to Kauai. Only complaint... two unfriendly hostesses.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“Wonderful place & great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We dined here and absolutely loved the recommendations from our kind waitress. You can't go wrong with anything you order.

Makawao, Hawaii
“I want MORE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Last week my boyfriend and I tried Alan Wong’s Amasia, at The Grand Wailea for the first time and we could not have been happier with our experience. We moved to the island a few months ago and make a point of trying new restaurants as much as possible. We loved how the location was set up. All the tables were so private with bridges, rivers, waterfalls and a lovely pond. Perfect place for a date night!! Our server, Sarah, was very knowledgeable of the menu and extremely attentive throughout the evening.

We stared out with the Maui Cattle Company Beef Sliders with Surfing Goat Dairy Tzatziki. These sliders just melt in your mouth. I could have had a whole meal just of these!! I love how so many of the restaurants on the island make a point of buying local and showcasing the many farms Maui has to offer. Amasia is no exception. We were happy to see Surfing Goat Dairy on the menu. We ordered two entrees to split, the Buttermilk Fried Jidori Chicken and Ginger Crusted Onaga. Fried Chicken is my absolute favorite food. I love all kinds… the cheapest to the fancy!! If fired chicken is on the menu I can’t help but try it. The fired chicken at Amasia was hands down some of the most flavorful I’ve ever had. Every bite was pure happiness, especially with the homemade Surfing Goat Ranch. I’m not a fan of Ranch, but having the goat cheese twist added the tartness my taste buds were looking for. My boyfriend wanted to order a side of just the Surfing Goat Ranch to take home. The Ginger Crusted Onaga was a mixture of light and rich at the same time. The fish was cooked to perfection, with a crust that offered the perfect crunch and the sauce had this bright lemony note to it that helped cut down the richness of the meal. At the end of the meal we desperately wanted to try the Lilikoi Malasadas, but the entrees sadly left no room for dessert.

Our table was near the sushi bar and the plates that we saw the servers walking away with looked amazing!! Can’t wait to come back to try the sushi and dessert. Without a doubt, we will be visiting Amasia again!! Thank you Brant for a wonderful visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“A different Hawaiian experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Amasia is tucked down below the ocean view line, surrounded by a lagoon, tiki torches, and foliage - not what you might expect in a Hawaiian resort that is right on the water. But it worked for us: it was a serene, lovely experience, in one of the many small rooms that make up a uniquely designed space. We ordered the sampling menu, with wine pairings, and were not disappointed. The food was interesting, beautifully presented, with many original tastes and textures. The wines were perfectly paired. And our server, Terry, was outstanding - friendly and at the same time extremely professional, with the level of knowledge that one would expect at a fine restaurant. We were very happy to have experienced Amasia, and would go back again.

Visited June 2014
Lubeck, Germany
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

we had dinner there and are really disappointed. 1) the ladies at the reception were not very friendly but snappy; 2) the presentation of the spicy mochiko chicken was what I would I would have expected in a KFC and some of the chicken pieces were badly burned so I couldn't even eat them; 3) the slider was OK so was the ginger onaga.

But I must say you get better service and better quality at Mama's Fish House in Paia or at the The Laihana Fish Co. in Laihana. The Ko restaurant at the Fairmont Kea Lani or the Morimoto at the Andaz hotel are much better options

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere