This condo was rented to us with 4 adults and 2 children (12 & 9) in mind. It really was too small for 6 people. Roll away cots which were available at an extra cost of $20 each per day were not an option because of space constraints. The children had to sleep on the sofa, which meant when the kids went to bed the adults did as well.
Sadly, this unit needs some renovation. One of the lanai screens was broken and unusable. Two of the deck chairs also had broken plastic slats, a complaint that the management were happy to address in quick time but we were able to fix the slats ourselves. The internet did not work for the first 3 days we were there. It finally was repaired by the server. This was not a problem with the resort.
Housekeeping is poor. The showers were mouldy smelling and the doors and tracks had thick muck caked on them. Kitchen utensils could use an upgrade - knives were dull and wine bottle openers out of commission. Tthe toaster doesn't heat properly; always burns the toast even on the lowest setting.
We did settle in after a few days and did appreciate the beautiful grounds and pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the slopes of Haleakala with incredible vistas of the Pacific Ocean, Molokini crater and the neighboring islands of Lana'i and Kahoolawe, this condo resort has an ideal location at the gateway to Wailea. Set among the plush Wailea beach resorts, with easy escape to discover and explore the island of Maui and perched amid an 18-acre tropical garden paradise with 2 pools, recreation pavilion and barbecue grills, it's just a tee shot away from the Wailea Blue Golf Course. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, private lanai, living/dining area and en-suite washer and dryer. Amenities include resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping every third day, and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Wailea Ekolu Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Ekolu Village Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Ekolu Village Resort Maui