“Heaven on earth!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save 15%!
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wailea
“Heaven on earth!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I just got done spending 7 days at Hotel Wailea and I miss it so much already! I booked here because of all the amazing reviews I had read on here some I arrived with high hopes and this place lived up to all expectations! First of all the staff here is soooo friendly! From the front desk staff to the bell boys, and pool bar staff. Carrie is the bartender at the pool and the drinks she made were amazing! She said she lived in the upcountry and she picks fresh fruits and ingredients for the drinks and brings them to the resort, I had a lavender mojito with fresh lavender she picked! And there's no shortage on alcohol in them either. This hotel is beyond gorgeous! Amazing views of the ocean and its so beautifully landscaped with gardens throughout, it is such a peaceful place. The rooms here are great too, they are all suites so you have a little space. The bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept it, I would pass out the minute I layed down each night. There's a small living area too. We had a panoramic ocean view suite and the view was amazing, I definitely suggest going for the panoramic view! The room we had was an un-renovated room but they are in the process of renovating them all and they look really modern and gorgeous. I loved the pool area here too, it's very boutique style with comfy couches and cabanas you can use at no charge, the pool area was never insanely busy and fouls always find somewhere to lay. This hot caters to adults for sure (saw maybe 2 children there) most people we saw were couples as I am assuming also honeymooners. If you like chaos and to feel like you're at Disney land go down the street and stay at Grand Wailea... If you want luxury, tranquility, peace, and quiet stay at Hotel Wailea. It's the best retreat in Maui and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for our honeymoon. It is beautiful! It is quiet though in a great location. The grounds are stunning and romantic, the rooms are clean with wonderful views and the pool area is relaxing. This is a hidden gem that you don't actually want everyone to know about!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for an out of the way small but nice resort, Hotel Wailea is a good choice. While they have a great shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up locally I recommend a rental car. Drive to Lahaina. Lots of fun. The renovated suites were excellent. Spacious and modern with a full kitchen. Nice quiet pool and a superior restaurant on premises.

• Stayed August 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Wailea for our honeymoon and we were not disappointed. We were in the upgraded suite with the nicer amenities. The grounds are absolutely stunning. We spent a little time around the pool, which was so relaxing! There are couches near the pool area that really help you relax along with the killer drinks at the bar.

They also have a spa on site, great hot tub area overlooking the ocean. The service was outstanding: housekeeping was great, the free shuttle was perfect for getting around the area. They also allow you to charge things to your room from The Grand Wailea, which is a beautiful resort.

The breakfast was a little underwhelming, we were told it was a continental breakfast, but it really was just banana bread and coffee.

Overall, a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Ask for upgraded room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Why did I rate the Vacation ***** when we returned home 30 minutes ago? A good CHOICE on our part. Choosing Hotel Wailea.

Markus The General Manager who welcomed us warmly, and then made sure that our every need (and I mean EVERY) was cared for promptly and with such courtesy?

Meegan of the Front Desk... Running with a huge smile on her face as she secured our reservation at the restaurant we were HOPING for, at the last minute, with the gorgeous Ocean View?

Kealani with her warmth and kindness from our first moment arriving?

Lou who with kindness and gratitude, took care of every need that a traveling father could have asked for?

(I am pointing out 3 people, but EVERY member of that Staff could be mentioned. Credit Markus, and his staff.)

The Incredibly comfortable Mercedes shuttle that takes you to the Hotel's prepaid spot on the beach next to the Four Seasons with Umbrellas, Chairs, Towels and Water waiting?

The close proximity to Manoli's (The Best Italian Food. And kids eat basically free. With a cute hook. And when I say the best Italian, I am an Italian food snob. GOOD Italian food.) Shuttle takes you there. Is that why?

The Free Danish and Coffee Breakfast every morning overlooking the Beach?

Was it the room rate that was $255 a night for an Ocean View room?

It was all of that that gave ***** to our vacation for me.

And my wife and 2 boys.

Sweet times, and made better for our CHOICE.

The grounds are magnificent. The Koi fish pond kept my 4 year old Son happy for an hour a day. (Get the fish food at the front desk).

We ENJOYED that pool. Luxury. Carrie making the drinks with the care an artist would take. Ask for "The Ben Smoothie" for the kids, which is Strawberries, Blueberry's, Lemon, Coconut.

A 5 star experience at a ridiculously reasonable price for a RESORT IN WAILEA. Kihei is great. Wailea is as my wife said. "Magic".

Will we go back to the Hotel Wailea?

uh.. Ya

Ian Kahn

P.S.
Food Thoughts.

Eat at Manoli's. (Lasagna is the best that I have had. Ever. Both a Meat and Vegetable Lasagna. Unique. Shrimp Scampi appetizer is so good it is almost religious.)

Eat at Sorrento's On The Beach ( Breakfast). The best View on the Island for a meal that I saw. If you are on a business account go for Dinner.

Eat at Nick's Fish Market. (HIGH END DINING.)

Eat at Coconuts. (Just Get The Fish Tacos. They told me. I listened the second time. Wish it was the first.)

Go one day to the Four Seasons Buffet. expensive. $37 for adults. $8 for Children. Only time I ever had a comparable Breakfast Buffet was at The Plaza in NYC.

Go to Sorrento's on the Beach almost every other day. Take the shuttle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay here, so much nicer than any of the huge hotels by the water. The pool was never crowded, the grounds are beautiful. Room was lovely and with two kids we enjoyed the extra space.

Every day we drove down to a different beach, it was easy to find lovely beaches away from the big hotels. Plenty of food choices nearby, we didn't use the free hotel shuttle but that was not for want of offering by the hotel. The lobby area is gorgeous and they have a free cocktail reception every Friday night.

We loved our stay and would definitely come back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at the hotel and enjoyed the 'laid-back' atmosphere. We stayed at another hotel afterwards and quickly missed teh quiet seculded setting that Hotel Wailea offered us. The restaurant and bar were great. The staff was VERY friendly and we had a GREAT time.

Room Tip: ask for the panoramic view - it's worth the added cost...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Wailea? Share your experiences!