“Delicious and Reasonably Priced” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkeypod Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Ike Drive
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
Texas
“Delicious and Reasonably Priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The first night we went to Money Pod we were advised to make a reservation for the next day, as the wait would be almost an hour. To be honest it didn’t look that busy, but I know better than to question how a restaurant is run….
We went back for our reservation the next night and sat outside. We caught the very end of the sunset. The meal was great and was very reasonably priced, considering the other nearby restaurants. We liked it so much that we picked up take-out from there 2 nights later. We look forward to eating there again on our next trip to Maui!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Don't understand what the hype is all about?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Based on the recommendation from the hotel, tried Monkeypod Friday night. When we pulled up, we could see they were on a wait. Ended up sitting at the bar, which offers a full service menu, which made up for having to wait for an hour. The downside is, it was so noisey, you couldn't really carry on a converation.

The patio looked nice, but they do not take reservations for the patio. I really didn't think the food was anything special. Maybe it was just me. Maybe we didn't order the correct items, who knows? Would I go back there again. Nope. Unless it was to sit outside on the patio, have a cocktail and watch the sunset.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Must Try! Perfect sunset views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My 76 YO Mom, 90 YO Stepdad, bro, sis'n'law, wife, 12 YO son & myself went here. From the hostess greeting to the waitress who served us to the cooks at the open kitchen, the Aloha spirit was in full effect. I honestly felt like I was home or at a special place - they were very accommodating to my parents, getting them cushioned chairs ( we sat outside ). The drinks were excellent ( a lil pricey, but it's Maui), the fish special was awesome! Spinach & quinoa salad - yummy! Pumpkin ravioli was bomb! And to top it off - the pies - OMG! Banana & Strawberry so tasty! Oh - 32 beers on tap & a tantalizing drink menu of original local flavors.

Look, nuff said. This is a must do. We had front row seats to an elevated view of the sunset to boot.

Go now; you will not be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
smithfield nc
“food was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

the food was great, fresh, well prepared. The service was top notch, we had Allison, she got my husband some glasses to use from the lost and found, because he refuses to carry any! It made his night. We carried out dessert, banana cream pie and coconut cream awesome!

Visited October 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
“Turn around what's that place?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Some close friends & I were returning from an 'adventure' circling the Northern half of the Island on our way back to the Grand Wailea Hotel when we saw this place just as we were nearing the resort area. It was about 8 PM & we were hungry when my friend's wife & I, said 'wait what's that place' so we did a U-turn an headed back to place with large outdoor balcony (facing the road--which was what drew us to it) on one side an sort of fast-food strip mall setting on the other side. Once we found the entrance on the 2nd floor to the Monkeypod, I would say we had stumbled on to a great evening dinner. While expensive, we shared 2 appetizers (the calamari & the pumpkin ravioli) and some excellent main courses (I had the listed peppercorn steak & my friend the list local catch fish dishes) and some great suggest micro-brews. The staff was friendly & knowledgeable (of both what was on the menu & what a great brew to drink was) and didn’t push us out the door, even though it was a busy Saturday evening. Food was both well prepared & presented & it my bill of something I would be able to produce better in my own kitchen (if I was lucky enough to have on in Maui).

Visited October 2012