“Fun, good food, get Pele's Revenge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Humuhumunukunukuapua'a

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
3850 Wailea Alanui Drive, Waldorf Astoria Grand Wailea Resort, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753
800.888.6100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 43 Restaurants in Wailea
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Fun, good food, get Pele's Revenge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

The restaurant sits on a salt lagoon and has amazing views! Food is pretty good. Service is fine. Get Pele's Revenge which is a great coconut drink inside a real coconut.

Visited December 2011

La Quinta, California
“After being bumped by Delta, and delayed a full day from LAX to Maui, I was thrilled with my dining experience at Humu~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I was at the gate in LAX my flight to Maui, to join my family, wedding party, and our friends for my brother's destination wedding, when a few of us were bumped from the oversold flight. My luggage was on the Delta flight to OGG, but I was shuttled to the LAX Westin for the night. I was flown out the following morning and after a very frustrating experience at OGG, trying to find my luggage, I took the SuperShuttle (nice Mercedes uber van) to my hotel, The Grand Wailea. After showering, unpacking, settling in, I went solo (my delay caused me to miss the rehearsal/ dinner on the other side of the Island) to Humu. The grounds, and bridges to this restaurant were enchanting. The manager came over and introduced himself, and was extremely attentive, professional, and wanted to ensure everything from my table, drinks, service, and food were satisfactory. He was amazing and he truly went out of his way to ensure patrons' satisfaction. Bravo!

The hostesses, bartender, and my server were fabulous. My steak & lobster, sides, and drinks were delicious, and would highly recommend this beautiful, fabulous, gorgeous restaurant. The place was very full, but service was impeccable! Nicely done! I read a review where the "pond" the restaurant sits on stinks, and must disagree as my table was on the edge, and could see the nearby hula shows, hear the delightful music, and saw plenty of fish, but NO smell.

I would give this place 6 stars! Divine!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
River Ridge, Louisiana
“Great views and atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed at the Grand Wailea and had dinner here our first night, mainly because we were tired and we didn't want to drive anywhere. This restaurant is pricey but we did enjoy our dinner very much with the exception of the fried rice which we ordered for our daughter (it's a side dish). She usually likes fried rice but she refused to eat it and after trying it I didn't blame her so we sent it back. Otherwise, everything was very good. I ordered the diver scallops and my husband had fish (mahi mahi I think). They gave our daughter a little cup of fish food to feed the fish in the lagoon and she loved watching them swarm together to eat the food. A nice extra was the stuffed humu fish our waitress gave our daughter (who was delighted!) at the end of the meal.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Service was good BUT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

overrated. reservation process is unaccomodating as i have found.

Visited November 2011
chicago
“cold food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

it looked good on the menu but the flavors and temperature werent right.

Visited May 2011