“Lovely facility and staff in tropical setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spa Grande

Spa Grande
3850 Wailea Alanui Dr, Grand Wailea Resort & Spa, Waldorf Astoria, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753
808-875-1234 x4949
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book Now
Ranked #1 of 8 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Grande is located at the Grand Wailea Waldorf Astoria. Spa Grande’s unique theme of ‘East meets West over the Shores of Hawaii’ pampers guests and indulges your senses in an enriching journey to restore harmony to your body & soul. Ensure you arrive at least an hour before your treatment to enjoy the wonders of the world renown Terme hydrotherapy circuit and complimentary full body petit honey & mango exfoliation.
honolulu
“Lovely facility and staff in tropical setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Liked that I could use spafinder cards as it is very pricey. Pools are really good but creeped out that customers were wearing personal clothing in same.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
15 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, relaxing spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I had two treatments and terms bath day while staying at the Grand Wailea Resort. I had visited the spa five years ago and loved it so much I had to visit again on this trip. The staff is very professional and remembered me from day to day. It's very clean and has a very peaceful environment. The massage I received was in a room overlooking the beautiful fountains and ocean. The massage therapist was excellent. I had the Essence of Olena and Awa treatment which left my skin so soft and my mind and body so relaxed. On my lady day after sunbathing I visited the spa just for the terme baths and was relaxed and ready for the long journey home.
It's a must even if just for the baths experience.

5 attraction reviews
“This spa is going downhill.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I cannot believe I am writing a negative review about this spa as I posted such a glowing review last year. My husband and I booked the couple massage package, $318 and includes $50 lunch voucher. The terme baths are nice, I enjoy spending the hour bathing and steaming away all the aches from swimming and surfing. The negative experience was from our two massage therapists. They were two older ladies and I had a feeling right from the beginning this was not going to be a relaxing spa experience. My massage was awful, she kept chit chatting and her technique was all disjointed and felt really clinical. She kept asking about the pressure which was fine it was her technique that was so awful. My husband said the same thing about his therapist. I always look forward to going to this spa on our annual trip to Maui but I will be going to another one next year it was so bad. If you and your husband are paired with two ladies who look like they are in their 50's or 60's one with blond hair and the other gray....don't feel shy to request another therapist. After all it is your hard earned money and your holiday time.

Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“BEST SPA EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I visited the spa on our honeymoon and we both agree this was the best massage we have ever had. Make sure to arrive early so you have a chance to fully enjoy the different soaking tubs, steam rooms and saunas prior to your massage. The view from the lanai while awaiting our massages was beautiful. We opted for separate massages rather than the couples massage and each of us had therapist that were very receptive and checked in multiple times to assure that the pressure was perfect. Overall it was a wonderful spa experience that left us very relaxed and not wanting to leave.

Lenexa, Kansas
16 attraction reviews
“Spa is great - issues with administrative items and details”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The spa is beautiful and the attendants were great. While I rarely write negative reviews this is an exception. I spent $300 for a 2 hour morning and... the manager on duty for the day could not manage my account. It took 20 minutes for me to get checked in which was 20 minutes of the time they give you in the baths "free". They charged me $10.00 each for using two gift cards that I used without telling me and the therapist told me that I could leave the product in my hair that she used - but I had an event following my treatment and my hair looked like I hadn't washed it for a week - I was completely embarrassed. They did recognize the concerns and gave me a robe and a bag but the whole point of the morning was to relax and feel special and the issues exceeded the pleasure. I would suggest you ask that all details be disclosed to you ahead of time - lastly when I made my reservation they told me that bathing suits were optional but that most clients were nude. Don't listen to that, I was the only patron that did not have on a swimsuit or at least a swimsuit bottom and it was pretty uncomfortable to be the only nude patron. I would suggest you bring your suit in case it is the same on the day you come.

Visited October 2012

Been to Spa Grande? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Spa Grande, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.