“WOW!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capische is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 41 restaurants in Wailea
Cross street: Kalai Waa
Saratoga, California
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had dinner here with a group of friends from the coast and we were blown away by the sunset! The fish dinners were wonderful, fresh mahi mahi and ono were specials. We would definitely eat here again. Be sure to ask for an outdoor table.

73% Recommend
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“No capische.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We are a family (with two young adult children) who enjoys traveling and dining at nice restaurants. We found that the menu selections were not the easiest to understand. Items were set up in courses. Items that appeared to be available as an entree turned out to be appetizers only and were small in portion but big in price. Main course items were also small portions. Disappointing.

From a service perspective, there were a lot of staff present who always seemed to be hovering but not providing any help or value. It made for a "stuffy" atmosphere.

Icing on the cake was being charged for every soft drink refill. Yes, it was only $3 a refill but when you are spending top dollar for food and wine, this is over the top.

Even with all of the staff, not one person asked us if we enjoyed our meal.

Overall, we felt that this restaurant is a top restaurant "wannabe". There are many finer choices available in the Wailea area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Simply Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Everything was spot on with my dinner at Capische. I started in the bar area and had the ahi carpaccio which was amazing as I have only had beef carpaccio before, so this was a fun new twist! With a glass of the Emblem cabernet at $20 per glass, it did not disappoint. While the sun started to set behind Lanai, we moved to our dinner table on the balcony. The sunset was just the start to a beautiful dinner. My friend and I started with a cheese/salumi board and then decided on the 3 course meal where we were able to choose a crudo or appetizer and a 1st course (primi) and the entree course. I went with the beet salad, which was all beets chopped up topped with a ravioli. The display was stunning of my little beet salad. For my primi I had the world famous risotto. This dish is simply amazing. My friend polished off my risotto, when I placed my fork down to have a sip of wine (this time a malbec-still tasty!) It's good enough to steal right off your friend's plate! But don't worry I helped myself to the very tasty gnocchi. The 1st course they say is a tasting size only...however, it seemed as though it was a full course! For my entree I chose the ribeye medium capische style....very tasty...and my friend had the veal marsala.
For dessert we had the lilikoi tart and we were both full so we thought we would share it,however, we totally fought over that last bite! It's been about a year since I dined at Capische and I can promise you that I will not wait a year to go back again!
Our server was incredible and very helpful when dealing with two completely indecisive people.
Great job Capische!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Temecula, California
“Less than advertised...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel and ambiance of the location are spectacular. However, we found the enthuiasm and coordination of the wait staff less than we expected. We ordered a bottle of nice wine and the waiter let it sit there, unopened, for fifteen minutes that could have been time better used to let the wine open up a bit. That was our inital disappointment. Overall, the wait staff seemed to lack coordination and a sense of urgency.
Would give it another try but with some reluctance.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Gourmet with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Zagat has this one right! The food, chef, staff & views are all 5-star. An intimate setting with "to-die-for" cuisine. The high point of our stay at a fabulous boutique resort hotel.