“If you love burgers...” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Vernon, Canada
“If you love burgers...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

If you are a health conscious non-burger eater then I wouldn't recommend this as an optimal place to eat. However, if you like a big juicy piece of meat between buns then you'd be in heaven. My husband enjoyed the restaurant and so did many of his male colleagues. I found my shrimp salad to be on the bland side and a little over-priced. Happy hour in the afternoons offers cocktails at half price so its a good place to wind down. The service was fine. Its a rustic restaurant so don't go expecting anything fancy.

Visited January 2014

CA
“Mediocre attempt to be a Red Robin”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Went to Cheeseburger Island style in Wailea for lunch. They weren't that busy when we arrived, and the menu looked good. The Menu is very similar to something you'd see at Red Robin, which if executed well, is a good thing. I ordered the Kahlua Pork Sandwich, my wife ordered the BLT-A(BLT w/Avocado). Couple things stood out.
#1), their prices for burgers and such initially look good for Wailea, about $12 average. But then if you read the fine print, you realize it's an additional $2.99 just to get fries with your burger. So now your Burger or Sandwich w/Fries is $15. That might be OK if it was really good, but it's not.
#2), My bet is that my "roasted Kahlua pig" came out of a can, and was just slap directly onto a bun with no sauce or attempt to make it look homemade. it was not very warm, and my sweet potatoes fries were not warm either.
#3)The service was very slow, and my first bill was incorrect(billed me an additional $10). Luckily the mistake was obvious to me, so disappointing our server did not see it first.
However, my wife thought the BLT-A was good, and it did have a lot of avocado.
There are so many good places to eat in the Wailea/Kehei area, with similar prices but better food and service. I would not go here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Terrible food and tacky restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had the "It's all good" hamburger, bun was soggy and wasn't that great. My girlfriend had the Chinese salad which wasn't that good either. In the salad they had like styrofoam noodles, she had to scrap them off of her salad to eat.

Waitresses really didn't seem to care about anything.

The drinks were decent though.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Guernsey, CI
“Burger for Breakfast...oh alright then!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've never had anything like it, coming from Britain, but when we went to Cheeseburger Island Style one morning for breakfast we just had to try the scrambled burger, which was basically a cut up burger patty, scrambled eggs, onion and cheese! Crazy, but my goodness it worked, we didn't need to eat until evening time either, so great value!

Service was also great, very fast and friendly! Plus, the football was on, so great entertainment!

Visited December 2013
Southern US
“Hit the spot food, horrible hostess!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We are at the Grand Wailea for a week and really had been craving beef. A standard, greasy burger seemed to be perfect! We went in on Sunday, Jan 12th about 4pm. We had a great table and enjoyed our server very much. Food hit the spot and drinks were half price. What's not to love? The HOSTESS!! Atilla the Hun was nicer!! My husband dropped a tiny piece of bread to a poo bird that had a missing tail and only one leg and this girl came over and rudely yelled at him. I understand they do not want a million birds flocking into their dining area but come on. She did not have to be completely rude to us AND there were no signs posted about bird feeding ....? There are ways to be polite to customers without acting psyco. So because of one rude CHILD hostess, we will not be back. Wonder what Edna would think of that employee? Lol.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere