Let me start by saying, WE LOVE MAUI.... and we are definitely going back to this hotel again, within the next year or so. Our trip startd off on Thanksgiving Day 2013, and we flew to Maui, HI. Although we have been to two islands in Hawaii, this was the first time in Maui. We read about the Makena Beach and Golf Resort on TripAdvisor, and there were so many good reviews, we defintiely knew we found our hotel. When we checked in, we were given a room, next to the construction area, but it was a holiday, so no one was there anyhow. We were told that the next morning, if we wanted to move, we could - so we did. We actually upgraded our room to the beachfront, which was very very nice - great views. Although it was not whale season, it was still a great room, very clean and comfortable - but to be able to see whales from the hotel would have been exceptional [planning on going durng month of February next time].
When we checked in, Caryl was the person who helped us, and she was very nice and friendly - much like everyone. However, the next day I had the pleasure of dealing with Gail @ the front desk, who was fantastic. She was so pleasant, and friendly, and a joy to talk to. We actually stopped to visit her throughout our stay, even just to say 'hi'. Then the next day at breakfast, we had Thomas take care of us, and he was very nice and sweet - pleasure to talk to as well. But "Faiz" was another gentleman that came up to our table and started talking to my husband and I. He was extremely nice, funny, and gave us some local input aobut the island that we did not know. We actually looked for him on other days, because he was so nice.
At the pool restaurant we were delighted to be taken care of by both Big C and Helen - who were both very nice and friendly. Like I stated before, EVERYONE at this hotel was so nice and friendly to us and we could not have asked to be at a better place. Along with the people mentioned above, we also had the pleasure to deal with Andy, Ron, and the hotel manager - Mr. McCarthy.
From the resort location, the pool, restaurants, fitness center, beach, decor, atmosphere, and the fact that they just started to decorate for Christmas - made this trip exceptional. We had a great tme, easy to get around the island, and everyone was very helpful with directions, towels, and greeting us - that they made us feel special, each and everyday.
I cannot say how much we enjoyed our stay, and how much we are looking forward to going back, and actually talking and planning our details now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located on Maui's southern coast, the family friendly beach front resort, formerly known as the Maui Prince, offers guestrooms and suites complete with private lanais and ocean views, tennis club, convenience to Wailea Golf, an inviting white sand beach and a aloha-spirited staff; it is the Maui vacation you have been waiting to have in luxury style beach resort. Makena Resort is a great value with no resort fee, no parking charges (valet or self) and complimentary Internet throughout the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Makena Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel Makena
- Makena Beach And Golf Resort
- Prince Hotel Maui
- Maui Prince Hotel
- Prince Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Prince Hotel
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort Wailea, Maui