Our stay here was very relaxing. The rooms are comfortable and the location is ideal. The beach has everything you need. You can swim, snorkel or lay out. Watching the sunset from above the beach is also wonderful.
We rented a kayak from the hotel. We had kayaked on other Hawaiian islands in the past, but the process was never easy. At Makena, you simply walk up to the kiosk near the beach, let them know your room number, and they will help you launch right there.
The hotel has an excellent buffet for breakfast. I highly recommend getting the buffet included with your stay. It is an excellent value. We primarily ate dinners at the restaurants nearby. There are several places with happy hours that make the price reasonable.
The rooms were clean. Starbucks coffee was provided complimentary for brewing in your room. The beds were comfortable. The view from the balcony was perfect.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They accommodated all of our needs.
- Also Known As:
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel
- Makena Beach And Golf Resort
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel Makena
- Prince Hotel Maui
- Maui Prince Hotel
- Maui Prince
- Prince Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Prince Hotel
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort Wailea, Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,800 acres on Maui’s southern coast, the newly beautified resort, formerly known as the Maui Prince, offers updated guestrooms and suites complete with private lanais and ocean views, tennis club, convenience to Wailea Golf, an inviting white sand beach and a aloha-spirited staff; it is the Maui vacation you have been waiting to have. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Makena Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.