My hsuband and I spent three nights at the resort. It is a great location for snorkeling. Also for going to the near by beaches.
There are no resort fees, valet parking is complimentary and the internet is free. The beach is great. Rooms are very clean, large, and comfortable. There is a mini-fridge in each room. We tried the bar and grill at the pool. The buffet breakfast area by the koi pond. Also the golf club restaurant. They have the best sunset happy hour. This is a good location for families. Even though there was 85% occumpancy, the hotel did not have a crowded feel to it. The Starbucks, being a resort station, offered wine, beer and mimosas along with the regular coffee and tea drinks. This resort is a great value for your money. It is close to the shops at Wailea. Kihei shops and restaurants are close too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located on Maui's southern coast, the family friendly beach front resort, formerly known as the Maui Prince, offers guestrooms and suites complete with private lanais and ocean views, tennis club, convenience to Wailea Golf, an inviting white sand beach and a aloha-spirited staff; it is the Maui vacation you have been waiting to have in luxury style beach resort. Makena Resort is a great value with no resort fee, no parking charges (valet or self) and complimentary Internet throughout the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Makena Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makena Beach And Golf Resort
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel Makena
- Prince Hotel Maui
- Maui Prince Hotel
- Prince Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Prince Hotel
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort Wailea, Maui