I picked Makena mostly for the tennis and it turned out that the Tennis Club is a completely separate operation. This resort is is so well managed and it shows in the attitudes of all the staff who never failed to greet us by name and brighten our days with their smiles.
Makena nails all the little stuff like free internet, complimentary bottled water, and free valet parking. The valet parking was huge for us because we were in and out all the time and the staff would run for our car and bring it back to us with the top down.
Rather than simply reiterate the rave of other TA reviewers, I try to point out some of the shortfalls in the hope that perhaps management will take note and others travelers will be forewarned. In the case of Makena, I am at a loss fot find any failing whatsoever. Unklike most resort restaurants which are notoriously overpriced (ahem take note Wailea Four Seasons), Makena offers terrific food at reasonable prices. The Cafe on the Green Happy Hour and the Sunday Brunch are particularly great deals.
Aha! I just thought of a small weakness at Makena. If you are a big pool person, then you will be disappointed in the two small pools that do little more than serve as a way to cool off while sunning. On the other hand, the resort faces onto a glorious expansive white sandy beach with some of the better snorkeling that I found on Maui. I also swam with several turtles right in front of the resort.
All in all, bravo to Makena Beach & Golf Resort for creating an absolutely top notch experience at a reasonable price!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located on Maui's southern coast, the family friendly beach front resort, formerly known as the Maui Prince, offers guestrooms and suites complete with private lanais and ocean views, tennis club, convenience to Wailea Golf, an inviting white sand beach and a aloha-spirited staff; it is the Maui vacation you have been waiting to have in luxury style beach resort. Makena Resort is a great value with no resort fee, no parking charges (valet or self) and complimentary Internet throughout the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Makena Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makena Beach And Golf Resort
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel Makena
- Prince Hotel Maui
- Maui Prince Hotel
- Prince Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Prince Hotel
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort Wailea, Maui