next time, I vote for staying here. We were booked at one of the large Wailea hotels & had a sweet deal (combo of points & actual free days + $100 meal credit) but if/when we return to Maui, this is the Maui location for us!
The valet parkers were not only efficient, they were gracious & fun to talk with.
The concierge, Diane, who assisted me on-line in booking our ocean-side massages was a joy to meet in person and the embodiment of helpful. Even though this hotel is much smaller than the one we stayed at, the concierge desk had 2 people...sometimes 3, staffing it at all times...no waiting like where we stayed!
Grounds were beautiful and relaxing,,,the beach looked sooo inviting & beautiful...there was scuba & I think snorkeling gear/lessons available right there.
We were so relaxed after our amazing lomi lomi massages, we just drove over to their golf course-view restaurant, Cafe on the Green for an incredibly good and very relaxing lunch...the view is worth going for if nothing else!
I'll review the massages in another post, but you seriously must book a massage by the beach...the sound of waves & little children's giggles, the smell of plumeria...perfection. Laura Lynn was my massuse and she was phenominal and has been doing this a long time, and her expertise and aloha shined. Renee was my DH's massuse and he really loved his massage too & she gave him some exercise tips for his golf-strained back. We felt we were saying goodbye to friends when we left. Mahalo to everyone we met there...wishing you a great New Year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located on Maui's southern coast, the family friendly beach front resort, formerly known as the Maui Prince, offers guestrooms and suites complete with private lanais and ocean views, tennis club, convenience to Wailea Golf, an inviting white sand beach and a aloha-spirited staff; it is the Maui vacation you have been waiting to have in luxury style beach resort. Makena Resort is a great value with no resort fee, no parking charges (valet or self) and complimentary Internet throughout the resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Makena Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makena Beach And Golf Resort
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel Makena
- Prince Hotel Maui
- Maui Prince Hotel
- Prince Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Prince Hotel
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort Wailea, Maui