We go on one major holiday a year. This year we spent a week at a condo at the Grand Champions in Wailea and a week in the Grand Wailea. The condo was a 10 minute walk to the beach. So was our room at the Grand Wailea was a ten minute walk to the beach by time we snaked through the hotel and the hugely crowded pool area. The best beach in the area is Big Beach at Makena State Park just south of the Grand Wailea about 3 miles.
The rooms at the Grand are very Grand and worth the price but for the price I would like a little more than direct beach access. We had an amazing view of the ocean and all the weddings, and the pool crowds, and the beach. I recommend you get your chair early in the morning or pay big $$$ for a private cabana. That was not in our budget. As it was at the end of the week there we had racked up more than $3000 in room charges in addition to our room charges. You pay for everything here when we were done we had spent close to $11,000.00
We had as much fun in our condo the second week and the whole week including meals cost way less than our room charges. I searched, "vacation rental by owner" and found several sites that catered to vacation rentals.
The one really big plus of the Grand Wailea is the effectiveness of the pool area to keep children busy all day long. The kids meet other kids there and they form "instant life long friendships" that really gave my husband and I some alone time.
I must recommend the adult Hibiscus Pool......stunningly beautiful.
We did a seaside private dinner which they set up for us to watch the setting sun. Had it been a little more remote and less busy it would have been perfect.
I would definately go back to the Grand Wailea but I will also book more vacation condos in the future. We may be able to do more vacations per year with what we saved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui