The Grand Wailea is beautiful and well kept. The rooms are nice, large, and clean. The beach was beautiful, clean, perfect for families with small children. The resort offers beach chairs and umbrellas which is a bonus. The little deli/store is convenient and pricey. Cute little shopping stores. The property is massive. Plan on lots of walking to and from the beach.
We visited at Christmas time so the entire resort was decorated for the holiday which was beautiful. The restaurants are very pricey, especially with kids. We found a few places up the road which were perfect and reasonable.
We could see the whales right from the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui