“The room you get matters here.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Centennial
Ventura, California
“The room you get matters here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Typical Quality Inn, but your room location is critical here. Upon check-in, I was given a first floor room with a jetted tub in the sleeping area, an amenity the property views as an upgrade.

Shortly after checking in, cigarette smoke began wafting into my non-smoking room via the vent in the bathroom, which necessitated keeping the fan on.

The real problem occurred after midnight, when the occupants of the room upstairs decided to enjoy a late-night whirlpool bath above my bed. The plumbing was surprisingly loud and it takes a long time to fill one of those tubs. I waited patiently, and the sound of water running finally stopped. Unfortunately, it was immediately replaced by the churning of the whirlpool, which sounded like heavy machinery.

Very cranky and tired, I went to the front desk and explained that the room was unacceptable. The night manager, a poised and understanding woman, immediately reassigned me to a top floor room. This room did not have a whirlpool (which I didn't want anyway), but it did have a large new flat screen TV.

I was completely satisfied with this room for the remainder of my stay. The front desk staff was consistently pleasant and helpful. The pool / spa area is dreary, but you don't stay at Quality Inn for those amenities anyway. Complimentary breakfast is what you expect it to be.

If you stay here, it's worth asking for a room without a whirlpool upstairs.

Room Tip: Remember that a whirlpool in the room upstairs could mean moving in the middle of the night. Even s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I had to check google maps to see if I had the right hotel upon reading the reviews. Turns out I have the right place. I'm shocked so many people had a bad experience here! This was a nice place, with clean bedding, clean rooms, and friendly service. The bathrooms were very large!

It *DID* look like they had just finished some renovations on the second floor when we stayed in August 2011. Perhaps we were lucky? It was a little tricky to get to off of the highway, but we found it without too much trouble.

We paid $63 for our night's stay, and we were very pleased about it. It was a great value for what we got.

Room Tip: This hotel is set back from the highway and is located next to a Day's Inn. The rooms should all...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

The guy at the front desk was GREAT! He was so helpful and funny too. I probably helped it was the end of my trip and I gave my him left over waters and food. :) My room was great and had a whirlpool. Very large room and clean. Will stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

Looking for a deal, a family member booked our 3 night stay. The room layout is great for our needs, but the bedding is worn. On the queen size mattress is a pad made for a full size bed. Flat sheets are used as the bottom and top sheet, therefore it comes off while sleeping. If bedding is important to you, bring your own or do not stay here. A basic breakfast is provided. There is an IHOP nearby.

Stayed June 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

This hotel is awful, it was the very worst lodging experience I have EVER experienced. I thought Best Western was a reputable motel chain, having never stayed in one before this was my first experience with one.

When I checked in the night clerk was very surly, when I approached the front desk I told her I had a reservation - she sighed, rolled her eyes and said I'll be right back. Then she walked over to the continental breakfast area and returned, don't know what she did over there as she just walked over there and then returned. She was rude and obviously didn't want to deal with customers at that time. Honestly, I don't care if the staff are overly friendly or not, I just want a nice, clean place to sleep.

The room was large and it was quiet. I'm just going to make a list of what I found in that room, it was so disturbing to me.

1. Looked like a previous guest threw a piece of pizza on the wall, there was reddish food stuck to the wall in the shape of a triangle

2. A quarter size blood stain on the box spring

3. An empty carton of cigarettes, inside a King Soopers shopping bag left in the nightstand

4. Batteries missing from the remote for the TV

5. The phone was filthy, handle was very dirty as were the numbers

6. Hair dryer handle filthy and almost black (white dryer)

7. Coffee maker dirty

8. All the light switches were filthy

9. Lampshades were all very yellowed and cracked, there was hair hanging from one of them

10. Crud on the bathroom wall - I shudder to think what it all was

11. Very uncomfortable bed - hole in the couch

As I got ready to go to sleep in this dump I got into bed and got to thinking...if this room is so filthy, I wonder if they even change the sheets between guests. Needless to say I had a very difficult time going to sleep, left all the lights on because it was the epitome of a flea bag motel.

The continental breakfast consisted of bread, bagels, waffles, juice and coffee and some dry cereal. Was disappointed that there were no donuts.

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — everything - filthy flea bag motel
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

This hotel left much to be desired. Although it was reasonably clean and modern, the details were just not there. We wanted to leave our valuables in a safe while we weren't in the room. According to Colorado law, all innkeepers must provide such safe storage. When we went to the front desk, the manager said that he only had 3 safes, and because the hotel was so full, he didn't have one for us. It was only when I said that I would be pretty upset if my valuables were stolen, that he offered to keep them locked in his personal office. Although this made us uncomfortable, we felt that this was our only good option, besides locking them in our car.

Our bathroom was so small that the door nearly touched the toilet when it opened. It was claustrophobic. The room did not have the Yellow Pages L-Z, only two books of A-K (which makes it difficult when you are looking for a business that begins with "M"). When we arrived late several nights and the few parking spaces in front of the hotel were broken, we parked in the back and used our keycard to get into the locked back door. The card scanner didn't function and we had to walk around the hotel in the dark.

At midnight, I called for a wake-up call for the next morning, and no one answered at the front desk. I called for 5 straight minutes and finally went down personally. No one was there. The night attendant was talking with a girl outside the hotel and finally noticed me standing there in my pajamas.

The continental breakfast consisted of watery juices, 2% milk, coffee, stale bread and bagels, cereal, and jam/cream cheese/butter.

I would probably not stay at this hotel again.

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

The staff was very friendly and that is all I can say that was good about this hotel. I wasn't expected the Ritz-Carlton at the price I was paying, but I was expecting better than what I got. There was mold on the walls and the ceiling was cracking in the bathroom, the toilet would barely flush when used, causing it to clog everytime, the alarm clock didn't work, there was food left in the fridge from the previous guests, the knob on the iron was broken off, so I didn't know what setting it was on, same for the fridge, causing all our drinks to freeze. At the time we were there, the hot tub wasn't working and it was green. Make sure to wear your flip flops when going to the pool, there was green mold on the pool deck. I was disappointed with the selection they had for the breakfast. There was juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate, 3 types of cereal (Special K, Fruit Loops and Raisan Bran) eggo type waffles,instant oatmeal, bread for toast and bagels.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Quality Inn Tech Center? Share your experiences!