“"High Speed Internet"? More like Dial-Up” 4 of 5 stars

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6780 South Galena St., Centennial, CO 80112   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Centennial
Madison, Alabama
“"High Speed Internet"? More like Dial-Up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

By far, this hotel has the worst internet speeds I have ever attempted to use; and I say attempted because you're lucky if you can even get a page to load. After doing a speed test a few times, the highest speed I got was a download speed of .67 mb and an upload speed of .35 mb. These speeds are at a dial-up level!!! For paying $450 a week you would think you would be able to at least get on the web. Don't even try to get a video to load; it will NEVER happen. You can walk down to the business center but you wont be doing any business. Speed test on the land line and computer they have in house registered near identical speeds.

The hotel is nice, newly renovated and the staff is really nice. But, it's impossible to relax, do any work, or even send an email due to the worlds worst internet. Oh yeah, and good luck finding your favorite show on TV if it isn't sports. They have every ESPN channel possible and about 5 other stations and thats it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jeremy P, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center on your recent visit to Denver. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with my staff and others. I am sorry to hear about your recent internet speed issues. I understand how frustrating it can be to expect one thing and get another. Please note that as of June 12, 2014 we recently completed our internet upgrades with tested speeds of up to 9.65Mbps download and 9.20Mbps upload through our fiber optics line. We hope you get the opportunity to try these faster speeds on your next visit. Thanks again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I booked a room for my younger sister and her family, and the praise I received from her was amazing!
I put her and her children into a room with a kitchen, and she said it was the best room she had ever been in.
I appreciate the staff for taking such great care of my sister and making her and her family feel comfortable and welcome!
I will be staying there myself in the future as I have in the past!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Spent only one night in the spacious room. I stayed under government rates which beat the other hotels by at least $30 a night. The room and bed was very comfortable and I slept well. The hotel is located nearby several restaurants for your dining options. Free Wifi and breakfast. I plan on staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Recently stayed a couple of nights in this hotel. Easy to locate, good location, convenient to restaurants. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was included. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Centennial
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

It is great place to stay in Englewood area. The staff was very friendly and supportive. Hot Breakfast was too good and has lot of variety. thanks to the management for making our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center

Address: 6780 South Galena St., Centennial, CO 80112
Location: United States > Colorado > Centennial
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Centennial
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center 2.5*
Recently Renovated in 2013! We are the prefect alternative to a corporate apartment and the place for an extended stay. If you need a place for relocation, project, temporary assignment, or training needs, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center is the perfect home away from home. You can work at your desk using the free high speed Internet or relax in a leather recliner while you enjoy your favorite DVD's from our free collection. We are proud to be a pet friendly hotel, which can be helpful when relocation forces you to leave your surroundings. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers. We are tucked away in the heart of the Denver Tech Center, centrally located in Denver. Nearby companies include Lockheed Martin, Ford Motor, Great West Life, Jeppesen, and Comcast . For those seeking fun, we are minutes away from the Denver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, Blackhawk Casino, Red Rocks, and Coors Ampitheater. Nearby airports are Denver International Airport and Centennial Airport. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Candlewood Suites Denver / Dtc Hotel Centennial
Candlewood Denver
Denver Candlewood Suites

If you own or manage Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.