“Comfortable Casa, friendly owners” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Particular de Bertha

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cienfuegos
Casa Particular de Bertha
You added Casa Particular de Bertha to your Saves list
43rd St. # 3402, Cienfuegos, Cuba   |
Ranked #34 of 84 Cienfuegos B&B and Inns
Northumberland, United Kingdom
“Comfortable Casa, friendly owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed at Bertha's house in January with a friend, and we found it a very nice place to stay. Alberto was very helpful, giving us lots of tips of things to do, sorting out a driver for us and looking after us when we had an unfortunate incident nearby. The room was comfortable & meals were the norm for Cuba.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I always try to book this house when I go to Cuba. The atmosphere is warm and Friendly. the owners are very nice people and treat everyone like a member of the family. The house is three blocks back from the Main street, so its quiet at night. The house is well protected with an electronic security system. The rooms are cleaned everyday to a higher standard than I have at home. Berta is learning English and Its a work in progress and Alberto's english is perfect, sometimes I forget that he's Cuban. Although Berta is a marvelous cook and I have enjoyed many meals at the house. Alberto knows every restaurant and tourist attraction in the area and is happy to help you choose one for the type of meal or adventure that you'd be in the mood for..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Berta's husband speaks perfect English ! The only house I visited in Punta Gorda where perfect English was spoken ! The dinner was set and served with the elegance of a top restaurant . The rooms are far from the street noise and very clean I never felt more welcome or safe in cuba then the time I stayed at Berta's B&B . Thank you Alberto for your friendship and I will most definitely say in your house every time I'm in Cienfuegos .

Room Tip: choose a room as far from the street as possible !
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The location was good, the breakfast was great, and the hospitality was outstanding. The hosts were very charming and went to some trouble to make sure that we got the best out of our stay in Cienfuegos. Alberto spent time chatting with us over breakfast every day - we were entertained, informed and very well cared for. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Many warm thanks to Bertha and her husband for very nice stay at their home. we haven't ever met so welcoming and friendly woman as Bertha, who cared about us throughout our stay in CIenfuegos. Every time we went for a long trip from her home, she supplied us with some juicy guayawas. The meal was always fresh and beautifully served. We felt that this woman really cares about the guests. Her husband is really nice man even though he is very serious at sight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My casa in Trinidad phoned ahead to Bertha, so she knew that I spoke Spanish. Eduardo met me at Terminal Viazul and drove me in his old Lada to the casa. Along the way, he pointed out a few things, including the radio tower where Bertha's street met the Malecon. This proved to be a useful landmark for finding the house, as the streets are poorly marked.

Upon arrival, Bertha showed me to my room in the back of the house, offered me a cup of delicious espresso on the patio, and proceeded to talk about Cienfuegos - sites, history, economy, - and suggested things to do. Her Spanish was fast but clear so I had no trouble understanding her.

The room and the house were spotlessly clean, and the quiet neighborhood was great for sleeping. Casa Bertha is located between downtown Cienfuegos and Punta Gorda, and it is easy to walk to either. I ate delicious breakfasts on the back patio.

Berth's husband Alberto is a serious man, more matter-of-fact than his wife. Bertha is a retired professor of psychology, and Alberto continues to work as a university professor. They have two sons - one in Virginia and one in Mexico. The prices were as expected: 25 CUCs per night for the room,, 5 CUCs for breakfast and 3 CUCs for the taxi ride. Of my five casas, this was my best experience. I highly recommend Casa Bertha to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Oswiecim, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I can't agree with other review! Alberto is professional in things he do. He speaks english very well like a native canadian. His wife Bertha is very nice woman.Food is very good. We were eating in nice garden nad music was playing. They have good contact to taxi driver-eduardo. He was driving with us all day with his Lada for 70CUC. We paid 25CUC for night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Particular de Bertha? Share your experiences!