“Rush for a bath at El Nicho” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Waterfalls
Attraction Details
Marcoussis
23 attraction reviews
“Rush for a bath at El Nicho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

About 1h from Cienfuegos by car.
We were there at 9am, and there were just 3 other tourists at that time.Very easy walk to reach the different levels and cascades / natural pools (compared to the walk to Caburni cascades); the overall course is well kept, clean, and you get many opportunities to bathe and take nice pictures.Entrance fee was 6CUC and well worth it!do not hesitate, rush to el Nicho!

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Burlington, Canada
“Something along the lines Darwin would have seen on his journey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

To say the least, the whole experience was breathtaking. Even though obviously well traveled by so many before us, it was as if being taken back to another time, these were the things Darwin described in his book of travels. It was so unspoiled. I finally understood what Homer had said "The journey is the thing". One has to really take into perspective what they have around them, and what really counts. Nothing material in life can match the breathtaking sights of the falls, the cliffs, the mountain ranges seen in the near and far distances, and when one in on a peak, the clouds in the valleys BELOW you. To get to the sight, you are transported in very sturdy 6 X 6 old Russian trucks. Our hike, with a wonderful group, took the better part of just over three hours, our guide was very knowledgeable, on the second part of the 3-part hike you could either do diving and swimming, or follow along the trail. The hike ends at a wonderful restaurant in the middle of the park, a great meal of chicken was served (with chickens clucking and wandering about under the tables and the grounds!) I chose to do the swimming part, with a Gopro camera strapped around my head. Once in a life time a soul should embark on something like this. The memories will forever be in the mind. The guide, again, helped out very much to keep us safe along the river trek and diving. Yes, the water is a little cold when you first dive in, but you 'warm up' pretty fast, and the workout you get during the trek keeps the heat going. Overall, if you want to do something that takes you back to the basics, and may even give you a few minutes to stop, look at the incredible sights and reflect a little on what you have in life, then this is the place to be. Bring a good pair of sneakers, that you do not mind getting wet, that would have a good grip along some of the steep trails, and mind where your feet are. Young or elderly, the people in our group were all changed a little when we got back from the experience.

Visited November 2012
Cagliari
21 attraction reviews
“wear your bikini and carry a towel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is SO AMAZING! As the night before we went it was really cold, I did not expect to swim at El Nicho, so I did not wear my bikini and did not carry a towel there. Needless to say, when we got there the place was so amazingly beautiful that I had to jump in the crystal clear water. It was coldish, but bearable. And so so clean. I loved it. Absolutely recommended.

Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
23 attraction reviews
“Heaven on Earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a must see naturistic park! I had gone on February 13, 2013 on a private tour as I wanted to take my time to enjoy this gorgeous place. As you are in the top of the mountains the water is a bit cold at first, but once you go in, it's great! It is like swimming in silk, with the rich mineral's in the natural water springs on your skin. The entire place is very well preserved and offers stunning views of cascading waterfalls, caves, natural swimming area's, some that you can dive into and scenic views of the island. I specifically travelled to Cienfuegos to visit Nicho and it was very well worth it. I was lucky to climb up the waterfalls and take a dive, but when the other tourist groups showed up, a life guard quickly whistled at me to get down for safety reasons- which was not out of the question. I have climbed many waterfalls and have a great deal of experience with rock climbing. I was well equipped to take the risk and it was simply for my own pleasure and enjoyment; not for a picture! You would have to be crazy to even attempt climbing this for a photo, not to mention risk your life with no helmet or cables in case you slip- which is very likely on the slippery slopes. I was very respectful and climbed back down when asked, as I did not want to encourage other tourist's that may lack the expertise in such ventures to attempt a very risky act. I was fortunate to stay a bit longer than the tour groups and got to go back into the water and swim with nobody else in sight. I found great peace and serenity in this oasis. It was very therapeutic for my soul being in this paradise of a park. They have a restaurant on the grounds and are very well prepared for any needs. I would absolutely return and spend more time there exploring and recommend El Nicho as an absolute MUST DO, while in Cuba.

Visited February 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were lucky to see it. will come back for sure. We were here with a tour, will come buck to explore it on our own next time, to hike and see the caves as well.

Visited January 2013