“It was worth it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rancho Luna

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cienfuegos
Hotel Rancho Luna
You added Hotel Rancho Luna to your Saves list
Carretera Rancho Luna, km 18, Cienfuegos, Cuba   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Cienfuegos
Montreal, Canada
“It was worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I just got back from Rancho Luna Hotel today, and it was a wonderful experience! The staff was so patient, sincere and kind! They really are hard workers there! The entertainment was also quite satisfying, on the weeknights, they would play games for people to participate in, and the hosts were always welcoming. They spoke in english, french and spanish so that everyone can understand what was going on! The weather was beautiful, and the rooms were very clean. Also, there were many animals around, dogs, cats and horses! They were all harmless, especially the dogs, some of the nicest dogs i have ever seen! So calm, and loving. I recommend Rancho Luna Hotel all the way. I had an amazing experience, and i think so would anyone else.

Room Tip: I had a bottom floor and most people say that it attracts more bugs, but we hadn't had any bug p...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Rancho Luna, Cienfuegos, Cuba - 25th March 2012 to 01st April 2012

As always our trip to Rancho Luna was excellent

We filled out our hotel registration cards on the bus, this saved time at the check in at the Hotel.
We were in room 246; there was a good sea view from the room, the room was kept very clean by Norma.

The Main Restaurant:
The restaurant was not always busy; there was no shortage of cutlery and crockery this time.
The menu has improved since our visit in January.
Besides the usual Cuban food which is always good there was:
Sunday - Pork; Monday - Chicken; Tuesday - Beef; Wednesday - Shrimp; Thursday - Turkey; Friday - Chicken; Saturday - Pork.
The coffee was ok, not always as hot as I like but again that’s Cuba.

The Pool Restaurant/Bar:
The Restaurant was open about 11:00 to 19:00 and served Pizza, Hamburgers, Hotdogs and Fries all of which were very good.
The Bar opened about 11:00 and closed late.

The Beach Restaurant/Bar:
The Restaurant was open about 12:00 to 14:00 and served excellent fish and chips, Hamburgers, Hotdogs and Fries.
The Bar opened about 11:00 and closed at about 17:00

The Lobby Bar was open all day till late.

Entertainment:
Sunday - Cuban Band; Monday - Music quiz; Tuesday - Cuban Band; Wednesday - Bingo; Thursday - ?; Friday - Dance Competition; Saturday - Music.
There was usually a DJ, as always in the Caribbean the music was over loud
As always we had a good time in Cuba, The hotel staff were very friendly, chatty, yes they can all speak English, if they don’t talk to you in English ask yourself what you are doing wrong.

The only negative for me, was the same as in January, the number of old men who had very young local prostitutes staying in the hotel with them, we all know that prostitution goes on but this is a family resort.

Room Tip: Ground floor are larger rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

i just came back from this hotel(may42012) and stayed for 12 nights and disappointed. this hotel is for old couples or familes NOT for singles. if you like partying or like being in action this is not for you. actually the city cienfuegos is not good for singles no action here. The food was ok rooms were clean, stuff is friendly, the beach is horrible didnt even go in once, dirty. Please if you are single dont go to cienfuegossss no action here. for guys Do not make cuban guy friend

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Not a penny more than $150.00 for a week plus taxes If anything around $100.00 for a week. The tour operators are trying to push the prices higher but hold ground tourists !! Make them keep the price down !
Food is Ok nothing special and the rooms are OK for the price but nothing special.
Taxi's into town are asking $10.00 but $8.00 is the price I pay ! They all take it.
The paladar's "restaurants" are good value. Beware they have 2 menu's. ! menu for the tourists which meals are $10.00 CUC and more and another menu for the locals which are $3-5 CUC . Tell them you want the local menu.....So they know that you know , so they won't rip you off !!
At the hotel they advertised 24 hour lobby bar service " food and drink " but as in Cuba they did not deliver as they said they was no food. BS ...They just were too lazy and didn't want to cook . I caught them sleeping in the bar /office.
I have been there a few times. I rated it Poor because really it is poor but really just a cheap holiday ..nothing special. For between $100-$150 it is Ok.I spend more time in the town.

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I had stayed there last year for the first at the end of September and wasn't sure if I'd end up going back, I had a great time and the people were fantastic but due to the pool being renovated and low season there wasn't a lot of action at night. That was ok but some entertainment would've been good. This time I had found a great deal for a 10 day stay and I booked it right away hoping that the people I had met last time might remember me and I knew this place had all I need to replenish my energy. Well, I had people running up to me and hugging me as soon as they saw me checking in, what a welcome!! The pool was now operational and the Pizza bar was open as well and there were quite a few tourists as well! The entertainment in the evenings was much better but my days were spent with my friends that work for Marlin Marina & Nautical.....You really have to ask Eduardo or Vladimir to take you out on the Catamarin to snorkel at Notre Dame, they will make you a price for an hour & a half of incredible snorkeling!! Or you can rent a paddle boat for 5 cucs and they will give you a rope so you can tie it to the posts and snorkel out on the reef that's about 200m from the beach. I am a strong swimmer and swam out to the reef twice but I got caught in a cross current and it took me 1.5hours to get back!!! I was tired but it was amazing! Pay the 5 cucs so you don't run into any trouble, it's so worth it!! Tell Eduardo or Vladimir that Ellen sent you! I also did my first Scuba with the dive team at Marlin!! I am hooked!!! I will be going back in July to do my scuba certification and I can't wait! If you need any advice before booking your holiday at Rancho Luna, please contact me. I love it there, I feel like it is now my home and I won't be going anywhere else for a long long time!

Room Tip: My room was in the 300 section, lower floor. No complaints!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The main lobby of this hotel is nicely decorated and lots of comfy furniture. The bar area is quite large and a large stage for the lack their of entertainment. They need more staff to man the bar as there were huge line ups at night just to get a drink. Beware the locals come to stay at this hotel on the weekends which is not a problem but they are very rude and pushy and butt into the lines as if they are entitled.
Rooms were alright, beds are very hard and make sure you bring slippers or wear your flip flops as the floors were filthy! Maid service was good, they never leave enough toilet paper or towels. Ladies there are no blow dryers here so bring your own and they are on 220 amp. Bring your adapters.
Food was alright, nothing special and certainly nothing fancy, be prepared to eat a lot of rice and cabbage dishes. Meat was not the greatest and the desserts were awful! There was only one waiter (Jorge) that actually waited on people the rest just never bothered with anyone.
Now for the dirty old men....................I was never so disgusted as I was here, they all should be ashamed of themselves!!!!! This hotel should be called prostitution central! I understand this goes on all over the world but come on guys.....................if you must do this then try getting yourself one your own age and not 15 years old.
This is all I will say about this hotel, if you are a family looking to go to Ceinfuegos DON'T!!!!! Try Varadero or someplace else.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room here!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Glace Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

we were there last week of march had seen the number of returns people were making so gave it a try what a great move that was all the staff was the best i have seen the room was very clean but a little small top floor the food was great the public beach is a must again the people here are GREAT visit the horse man he likes beer another GREATperson take the city tour then go on your own very safe and again great people going back again next year but for a longer stay go you cant help but love it

Room Tip: lower floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Rancho Luna? Share your experiences!