“Good option for Isabella” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isabela
Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant
Save Saved
You added Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant to your Saves list
Carr #4466 | Bo. Bajuras Sector, Isabela, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good option for Isabella”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Average hotel with simple rooms that are not too expensive. The panoramic terrasse has a great view over the ocean. Some rooms have a backdoor that can access this terasse.

The a/c was a bit noisy.

Wifi avaiable only in the lobby (very annoying).

No direct access to the beach, but there's a lovely calm spot just 500 meters from there with a clear blue water.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
puerto rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

For the place and comparing other places to stay Ocean Front is a great deal in the Isabela area..the restaurant is among the best in the area, rooms area clean and simple, prefect for the beach. One thing is the are a bit difficult to find over the phone..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

My boyfriend has been to PR a number of times and has stayed at this hotel before, so he knew what to expect. We both surf and do not really care about a fancy room with a view or anything like that since the only time we intend to spend in the room is to sleep and shower. The location is perfect if you want to check the surf at Jobos literally by lifting your head off the pillow in the morning. It's also a short drive to a number of other spots on this area of the island. Our room was very small but did have a balcony (which we never used since our boards took up all the space on that side of the room and we couldn't open the door). Beware, there are NO amenities here. Nothing in the shower, no hair dryer, no ice/vending, nothing. Luckily, I was ok being really low maintenance in my appearance on this trip since we spent all of our time at the beach and in the water and everywhere you go is so casual that I just didn't care. We never ate at the restaurant, so I can't speak to that (no breakfast and they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays fyi). We arrived on a Friday evening and the ocean deck bar was going off. We were exhausted from a long day of travel so decided to grab a drink there.....turned out to be a pretty crazy, party atmosphere and that one drink quickly multiplied; it was a fun night. If it's not the weekend though, do not expect anything to be going on anywhere. Overall, this place was fine for us and our needs, but we are pretty low maintenance (and on a budget). If you require the nicer things in life, I would probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Glastonbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

The food was just adequate, good by Puerto Rico standards but the view is spectacular. We were there for Valentine's dinner so the staff was attentive, faster than island time standard. I had the Mahi and my husband had the steak. Both were fine, the potato soup was tasteless and the chocolate cake was dry but that is normal for the resturants we have found in the area. After dinner, we sat at the bar watching the waves break on the rocks from the bar. That was great.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011 via mobile

After arriving in Aguadilla from a red eye flight from NYC my boyfriend and I wanted to check out jobos beach and grab some food. There is a stretch of restaurants along Jobos and this place seemed like a nice option compared to nearby spots- turned out to be the worst food and service we've had in our lives and we've travelled the world.... Empty restaurant yet waited an hour for cold food- not lukewarm but COLD. Ordered grilled shrimp skewers and a burger, sent the shrimp back to be brought back out microwaved still not even hot. Burger was cold and inedible.... Offered to pay for the 2 drinks we ordered since we could not eat the food. This was totally not an option with the manager who was so friendly when we came in- he literally said he was going to call the cops on us for stealing!!! We couldve walked out at any time but waited to speak to the manager and reason with him for our dissatisfaction in food we both only took one bite of. He made a scene yelling at us saying we were stealing from him and refused to let us leave the restaurant until we paid for the food which was awful and uneaten. It was totally unprofessional and the worst service, food and treatment we've ever encountered . DONT GO HERE!!

• Stayed December 2011
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

The Ocean Front Hotel is a real Nice place... everything is clean and the staff is excellent. I can't wait to go back... and if you are interested go ahead and see it yourself!!! you will love this place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I read some of the reviews on here. When I saw the place, i thought.....it doesn't look that bad. I really wanted a room with a good view of the ocean so the lady at the front desk gave me keys to 2 rooms and let me decide on one. The first room we opened had the sound of running water. My husband and I walked in and the floor was flooded. We went back to the bathroom and thought the shower was running. Ok, so we won't be staying in the first room. We moved on to the second room. When we walked in it smelled moldy and felt very damp. I looked around for a minute and saw a pile of bugs in the corner, i think they might have been termites. I touched the bed and it was damp, even under the top sheet.
I went back to the office and told the lady about the flood and requested a refund. Neither room was acceptable. Apparently a pipe in the toilet broke in the first room. She offered to let me see another room. I had seen enough.....this place is awful!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!