“The Best of The Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Isabela
Puerto Rico
“The Best of The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let me begin by saying that I am not a golf player. This beautiful place is suited for anyone who wants to be relaxed and enjoy nature, good service, and luxurious accommodations with loved ones. We visited this extraordinary piece of heaven on earth with our two daughters ages 15 and 11, and stayed for two nights. Everything was perfect. The casitas are pure luxury with a beautiful and huge bathroom, very relaxing living room, comfortable bedroom, and magnificent patio with private pool. The room was as clean as it gets and all in top condition.
The restaurant was fabulous. We ate all our meals for two days in the restaurant and there was not a single miss. The kitchen is run by a team of very young talented chefs, but the product speaks like been prepared by master chefs. The resort staff is incredibly kind, gentle, and friendly and give the extra mile to make you feel like a king.
The resort itself is beautifully designed around nature. We had the chance to tour the back nine holes of the golf course and what an amazing place. Walking around the resort is a pleasure, and the walk to the beach is an adventure by itself.
It was a real pleasure meeting Mr. Charlie Pasarell, one of the owners and founder of this incredible resort. He was extremely friendly with our daughters. We noted he was always talking to employees and looking for every detail in the operation.
We have traveled to many places around the world and are very happy to know that we have this incredible resort in Puerto Rico. We can’t wait to be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We came across this location based on a golf review titled, "the Pebble Beach of the Caribbean". It is the best designed, most beautiful resort that we have ever stayed at. The golf course is challenging and beautiful; the casitas are first class all the way with wonderful amenities and beautiful views of the ocean and night skies. The staff displayed a professional demeanor in every aspect of our visit. Looking forward to visiting here again.

Room Tip: Far as I can tell, you're going to love any room you get. They're all individual rooms, wit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Royal Isabela for 3 day and 2 nights, it was the perfect getaway from our hectic day to day lives in San Juan. The service/staff is top notch and the golf course is in very good shape.
Food is very good lots of fresh produce from their own garden. Las Casitas (villas) are very spacious, comfortable with lots of details and high end finishes.
I will highly recommend this resort for anyone looking to relax and recharge.

Room Tip: We stayed in La Casita #20 and it was simply perfect. Very private and quiet, just what we needed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brawley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Robin Donenberg is the Hotel General Manager of Royal Isabela in Puerto Rico. He does a top notch job making customer service his top priority! Without a doubt this is one of the most fabulous and breathtaking resorts I have had the pleasure of staying at! All the staff of the entire resort were amazing! The golf course was one-of-a-kind with its natural beauty and so challenging! The casitas were spacious and luxurious...encompassing privacy and a spectacular view of the Caribbean.

I would highly recommend this resort to everyone!

Room Tip: Casita #15 - Clean, spacious, and beautiful
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Cayey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stay with my wife and son at Royal Isabela last weekend and have to agree with what everybody is saying, from food to accommodations to the golf course it’s all amazing. But for me the most impressive was the people who work there. They will go to every extent to make sure you have a good time and always with a smile. From José at the Pro Shop to Manny at Food and beverage it was something unexpected especially in Puerto Rico. I go to Disney World every year but my son actually cried as we were leaving Sunday eve. If you're planning a trip to Puerto Rico this is as good as it gets.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brawley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Having stayed at Royal Isabela for the second time this past August I continue to be amazed at what Charlie and Stanley Pasarell have accomplished. RI is a world class golf course and resort. The restaurant is beyond five star and the people are like family. My physician and scuba diving partner and I have spent a total of about two weeks at RI playing golf and diving in the area and we can't wait to go back. Experiencing Royal Isabela is something you cannot duplicate anywhere else. It wouldn't surprise me if it ranked the number one golf resort in the world. It is that good. Larry Fleming

• Stayed August 2013
Brawley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Last year at this same time I enjoyed the best vacation of my life thanks to the fantastic staff and amazing accommodations at the Royal Isabela. I really had to return here for another wonderful stay. In the time of 1 year, the Royal Isabela has become more lush and unbelievably more beautiful than last year. Because of the remarkable beauty of its golf course and its well-appointed club house, I was inspired to learn to play golf during this year--very late in my life but never too late if you can have great caddies to help you enjoy the fairways and breathtaking vistas from this golf course. I was delighted to make 2 pars on shorter holes on the course. Thus, this year's stay here has surpassed last year's since I can really enjoy this phenomenal golf course ("the Pebble Beach of the Caribbean") and continue to enjoy all the other activities particularly scuba diving, swimming and tennis from last year. The restaurant is superb. The communities of Isabela and Aguadilla are friendly and refreshing. I came here with two good friends who agree fully with me on my positive assessment. We love to scuba dive, swim and play tennis too. All these activities were at our disposition daily. Locally we dove the intriguing caves of Isabela, Playa au Natural's reefs and Crash Boat Beach with dive master Jose Rafols from Aquatica Dive in nearby Aguadilla. We filmed underwater a rare batfish and a very pretty flying gunnard. Jose and his gracious wife, Karen, operate Aquatica Dive Shop off of Hwy 110 i and Jose is the best dive master I have ever encountered plus a true master of dive sites of Puerto Rico and gentleman. Usually we would dive in the morning, swim in the RI waterfall swimming pool and play golf in the afternoon and then relax in our wonderful casitas--we really liked Casitas 12 and 15 this time since the are near the waterfalls coming down from the Gourd tree--Higuera--as one walks down from the Casa. The Casa has a pleasant library and meditative lounge as well as its great restaurant with wood fire oven behind a bar. Outside of the Casa is a circular bar for refreshments overlooking the 18th hole and viewing the ocean. One day we drove to Rincon, PR, and Taino Dive in order to take a 45 min boat ride to the pristine Desecheo Island about 12 miles off the coast of NW Puerto Rico. Candyland and the Caves at Desecheo are definite highlights for divers like us. The ride back to Rincon was bumpy but very well skippered by Frank (and Carson for us last year).
Royal Isabela restaurant is becoming renowned for its haute cuisine and unique recipes. Their fresh lime margaritas also are the best! I definitely plan to return here for all that it offers many more times and hope one day to hit the green from the tee of hole #17--the now famous Palo de Pollo hole. I must compliment the exceptional service from Rafael Cordero who as night auditor helped me with many issues to make my stay this year even better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Royal Isabela Golf Resort? Share your experiences!