I stayed here mid-week in May with my wife and two teens. We drove up since we are locals, but had a hard time finding the property along Route 466, which is the beach highway and has no illumination after dark. There is a single sign for the hotel and it's barely visible (could use lighting or reflective paint). We finally arrived around 8 p.m. and were promptly checked in at our villa. Ours was a low-numbered one close to the restaurant. The twin-sized beds were okay for the kids, while the queen-size pillow top bed on our room was comfortable. Closet space is not much, but drawers made up for it. There is a small serviceable kitchen with a gas stove, and almost all kitchenware is provided. A flat screen TV and a simple modular wicker sofa and table make up the tiny living room, but the large balcony makes up for it. It has a larger table seating four, a chaise lounge, and hooks for your hammock (or rent one for a nominal fee). Like almost all the villas, our balcony overlooks the ocean a few feet away; an inmense fossilized dune, or eosinolite, not 200 feet away, serves as a reef enclosing a shallow beach suitable for young families, while the surf breaks wild just beyond the rock barrier.
When we called to make our reservation , we were told just to bring beach towels. Unfortunately, we found out we also needed matches, paper towels and dishwasher liquid our first night in, and there are no phones in the villas to call in housekeeping. And foraging out on the property grounds to locate housekeeping at 10 pm is not the best first impression of the hotel. Although we were assisted early the next morning, we would rather have a list of standard and available amenities on the hotel's dated website, so we know what to pack and to expect. If you need an iron or a hair blower, bring it.
Bring a camera to the beach from sunrise and past sunset and make your own unforgettable memories. There is also a small playground, a swimming pool and a basketball court on premises. The restaurant, offering mostly seafood and local specilaties, is cozy and its terrace opens out to the beach view. Spa services are also available, per appointment, in a lovely oceanview setting. Although we did not dine there this time, staff were courteous and place was clean. Villas del Mar Hau is one of the mist environmentally responsible hotels I have stayed in; solar panels, windmill, trash sorting, and hydroponic gardening are just a few initiatives I observed. Although past reviews describe the hotel as pet-friendly, the front desk informed us that it is no longer so, per owner's instructions. Oh well, too bad, so we left behind our 5-month old housebroken Shih Tzu puppy, paying extra for lodging, only to meet a couple of guests at the restaurant staying with their own Shih Tzu dog. Doña Myrna, what gives?
For the most part, our stay was most enjoyable and would return and recommend to friends. All employees were unfailingly courteous and helpful. They have had a stable management under the Hau family for decades, and this level of care and hospitality philosophy shows. My remarks on my first-night difficulties are easy to remedy, we hope that they see to it that other guests are not turned off. I look forward to a repeat stay at a charming place on a wonderful setting, and wish the Haus all the best
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming beachfront villas located on one of the most beautiful beaches of the northwest region of Puerto Rico. Our facilities include restaurant, tennis court, pool area, beach volleyball and also basketball court. Nearby Jobos beach and Middles ideal for practicing the sport of surfing. Also practice snorkeling or horseback riding in our facilities, the perfect place to unwind and have an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Parador Villas del Mar Hau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador Villas Del Mar Hau Hotel Isabela
- Villas Del Mar Hau
- Parador Hotel Isabela
- Parador Hotel Del Mar Hau
- Parador Villas De Mar Hau