“Paradise Puerto Rican style” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parador Villas del Mar Hau

You added Parador Villas del Mar Hau to your Saves list
Parador Villas del Mar Hau
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sector Bajuras Rd 466 | Montones Beach, Isabela 00662, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Paradise Puerto Rican style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Our family of 3 just spent 6 nights at Hau. We loved every minute of it and especially were delighted with our two bedroom casita #2. The unit was clean and the linens and towels crisp and freshly laundered--you opened the casita's windows and a wonderful sea breeze ran through it. It was lovely. Do not come here if you are expecting sleep number beds, luxury beach service, teen activities, or infinity pools, but do come if you want to get away from it all in a truly beautiful beach setting. We fell in love with northwest Puerto Rico, the people, the pace of life, the affordability, and the quiet.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

We were a group of about 40 people ages 40 - 70. The beach was gorgeous and very well maintained. The rooms looked great but we only went for the day. STOP don't eat here! Grab McDonald's or Subway but the food they served us was really lousy. Super small portions but I guess that was ok because it wasn't worth eating it!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

Have enjoyed staying here over the years but the inconsistencies in cleanliness, service, value, sleep quality, etc. have finally driven us to stay elsewhere. Goodbye Hau. We will miss you but won't come back until we are certain that customers are treated fairly and equally.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

There are more luxurious places to stay in Northwest Puerto Rico, but I doubt there are any more beautiful. And it really ramps up the relaxation factor when you know you are not paying an arm and leg to stay there. Right on Playa Montones and a short walk down the beach to Playa Jobos (the lively surfer hang out), it's ideal if your ambitions are no greater than to sit on your front porch and gaze at the sea (and jump in it every now and then). It's filled with Puerto Rican families on weekends, who occupy entire multi-room cabins with kitchens. There are also smaller units like the one I stayed in, clean and comfortable with French doors that open to the beach. They have a nice open air restaurant with mildly upscale variations of Puerto Rican fare (I had the mofongo stuffed chicken breast, and recommend it). Again, though, I want to stress, it's not luxurious in the conventional sense. More like a tropical version of a northern Wisconsin vacation spot on a lake. But I doubt I'll ever stay anywhere else in this part of the island. Simply gorgeous.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

On a whim, last minute, I decided to stay at Villas Del Mar Hau; and I am so glad I did. This place exceeded my expectations. First off booking was a breeze online via their website. The place was just a little hard to find, but once we called for extra directions, we had no problem finding it. The front desk was great checking us in. We had Villa 18. It was decorated very cute, and very clean. The only thing I could find wrong with the villa was the bathroom was really small, but we didn't spend much time in the bathroom anyway, lol. Villa 18 had 2 bedrooms, small living room and eat inkitchen. Two suggestions I would make is 1. bring an extension cord, because there aren't many electric outlets 2. If you plan on cooking, ask for kitchenwares when you make your reservation. They charge $20 a day to rent a container full of kitchenware, pots, pans, coffeemaker, plates, forks, etc.

The grounds were also clean and neat. They even raked around the spots that had no grass, etc. It reminded me of zen gardens :) You can tell that they are constainly upkeeping the place. While we were having a late lunch at the restaurant, an artist was putting little touchs on some murals.

The staff was all friendly; from the desk clerk, to the security guards, housekeeping and waitress. I just can't say enough good things about this place! I've stayed at more expensive, "exclusive" places in Puerto Rico these last few years (Interconntential, El Convento, Bahia Salinas, to name a few); but I truly believe this place gave me the biggest "bang" for my money!

PS. free wifi that actually worked every time I wanted to connect!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I have two teenager daughters and when they were younger I always visited the beach in front of the hotel. From time to time I stayed there and it was an ok experiance. This January I decided to visit Puerto Rico and bring my wife to the West side of the island. In the spur of the moment I decided to drive in and ask the ladies at the front desk if they had any vacacies. Not only did they offer me what I thougth I was not going to get (being high season) they offer me a great rate without too much effort on my part. It was around 1:30pm and the clerk said that althoug the check in time was not until 5pm we could go right ahead and check in at that time. I was given a great 2nd floor unit right in front of the ocean. It was as clean as you can expect a beach front hotel to be. It was very large and it came with a kitchen. We droped our bags, got dressed for the beach and headed over for the sand. As we walked toward the beach I asked an attendant if they had beach chairs, and we got 2. Since it is a public beach there is not attendants on it but the restaurant was a very nice place to eat a few things and continue a great afternoon.
The hotel was undergone a number of great updates and the most noteable is the staff. Everyone was very helpfull and work toward making out stay enjoyable. At check out no issues, just your standard "let us check the room" and off we went. This location is the one you need when you want to get a away for a couple days and you dont need to be bother. If you are looking for the Ritz, this is not it, but if you just want to get away and not having to take a second mortgage while having a great peacefull time, this is the one for you.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I just got back from a 3 night stay with my husband. We love it. We really recommend it to anyone. We stayed at Villa #2, it was very clean, ,spacious and comfortable. Next to the beach. Personnel Staff were very friendly and willing to help you. We would stay again here!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Parador Villas del Mar Hau? Share your experiences!