“Quiet and beautiful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Montana Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Villa Montana Beach Resort to your Saves list
Villa Montana Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera 4466 Km 1.9 Interior | Barrio Bajuras, Isabela 00662, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Isabela
Ann Arbor
“Quiet and beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed with family here during Spring Break. We had several units including a larger one on the beach with a large kitchen. The setting is beautiful and very relaxing. We were traveling with kids from 4 to 17. There wasn't a lot for the younger kids - the swimming here is difficult due to large waves - but the beach is beautiful. Great for snorkeling though. Eclipse is a pleasant restaurant but expensive so it was nice to have the kitchen to prepare everyday meals. The pools are small but clean and in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

453 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I enjoyed my week long stay at Villa Montana. I was in Isabela on business, and I found this resort to be a relaxing end to each day in the office. My room was on the cliffside. Pulling into the driveway each evening right next to the door felt a little like home. The door had a regular metal key and not a magnetic card. This did mean that, upon my arrival, early for check-in, the man at reception had to call housekeeping to bring over (what I suspect) was 1 of only 2 keys for this particular room. However, as I said, I was checking-in early, so not everything was waiting at reception yet. The room was clean, though, I was able get settled pretty quickly.

The property is well kept. I could tell someone had recently touched up the paint by a faint, but familiar smell. It had charm and character and felt very relaxing. The restaurant looks like a page right out Pottery Barn catalog. Tropical Trailrides is located right next door. The horses come down the cliffside road everyday around 6:15 or so. I thought it was charming, hopefully you will think so too.

The room had reliable free wireless internet, but I got no cell reception at that location. Expect airplane noise from the nearby airport. Its infrequent, but when it happens it is very loud. Planes take-off on a reliable schedule every day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lower Keys, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have stayed there more than once. Coming from the states back to my island could not be any better than this magnificent place. Friendly staff, attentive to your every need, the casitas in front of the beach, the splendor of this place, Eclipse restaurant, what a fantastic and brilliant way to get away! The kite surfing and just plain surfing is spectacular, walks on the beach and those heavenly waves!!! Love it all! Thank you, thank you and keep up the good work........

Room Tip: take a casita in front of the beach
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at VM many times. The rooms are always clean, beautifully decorated and well maintained. The Resident Manager is fantastic. She always asked how my stay is going and took care to see everything went perfectly. On a number of occasions, my company entertained clients and the Resident Manager arranged everything including a special meal that made everything wonderful. Our clients loved it. All credit goes to the Resident Manager. Unfortunately, I don't know her name or I would mention her. She is a gem.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The Villa Montana resort is a lush green little gem hidden away in the western corner of the northern coastal plateau of Puerto Rico. An out of the way place with a stunning view of miles of empty white beach and turqoise ocean.

The rooms are nice, a bit sparse, but well appointed, breathing a colonial atmosphere. Good airco, fast wifi, and a bidet to wash your feet when you come off the beach;-))

There are resurfaced tenniscourts next to a nice pool with cozy cabañas. There are many activities in the area to be done like scubadiving, kitesurfing, paddleboarding or snorkeling & horsebackriding.

The icing on the cake is the Eclipse restaurant. Masterchef Jeremy is nothing less than a kitchengenius. The items on the menu are very reasonably priced!
But, Eclipse is on it's best when you request a 'Tasting'. Jeremy cook's a six course surprise dinner that after trying it various times never ceases to make me incredibly happy, an explosion of taste that leaves your tastebuds bewildered...
Tastings are an experience worth of a Michelin star but will put you back somewhere between 100-150 usd depending on how thirsty you are.
One drawback to this jubilant tale, the waiting time for the food can be considerable at times, and I then expext that every restaurant of this calibre puts some bread or other munchies on the table so as not to starve or become grumpy on a grumbling stomach.

Other than that the Villa Montaña is the best place to be for a relaxing vacation, for many miles around!!

• Stayed January 2013
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We live within 1/2 hour but wanted to celebrate our anniversary with a 2 night stay at Villa Montana. From the minute, we went to the front desk to check in, the service was excellent. Check in was simple, and although we were 4 hours early so our room was not ready, the guys at the front desk gave us beach towels and told us to enjoy the grounds. We later got our room but fussy me wanted one with a more private patio if possible which they easily complied with my request. Lazy days lying on comfy outdoor furniture watching the ocean and all the kite-surfing. Lovely dinner at their restaurant Eclipse with great service as well. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

well apart from seen the management staff drinking at noon on work hours at eclipse restaurant. My bad experience start at c/i, when I went to get my room after surfing at 4:25 they told us that the room was not available that I could be until 7 before we could c/i they when to look for. Manager an some one came out off the offices on the front desk believed her name was (Enamille) when I notice a strong alcohol smell on her breath (some one need to tell her that gum dont work when is strong alcohol) any way to make story short I Lt was not pretty the room was missing towels and other stuff the restaurant take over an hour for food and the room that I was in need to be updated bad when you paying 350. A night. The staff is good they do what they suppose to do front desk and housekeeping were good management is a joke. Wonder if the resort owner i s like them to! He must to be loosing a lot off money!

• Stayed December 2012
ATiphaine, General Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
On behalf of all the staff and management at Villa Montaña Beach Resort, we hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

But before making allegations and accusing everyone, owner, staff and management, on perceptions conceived by frustration and anger, because of a two-hour check in delay, is not only harsh, but also irresponsible.

What you witnessed at noon, at the eclipse, were four managers, my self-included, in a tasting of our new signature drinks. The restaurant manager wanted our feedback, which we gave, after having a sip of the drinks prepared.

About the check in delay, you are absolutely right, but the failure of our other guests to leave the room on time was a frustration to us all. Thank you for your patience while we enlisted the help of several additional persons to help with your setup.
To avoid such problems in the future, we are imposing a higher surcharge on any guest that does not check out by the scheduled time.

About Enamille alcohol smell, absolutely not true. She’s my assistant, and she spent the whole day with me in meetings. You said you saw us noon “drinking”, but smelled alcohol in her breath at 7pm, something isn’t right here. Anyways, she leaves work at 4pm.

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and hope you give us a chance to amend, your experience by visiting us again in a near future.

Best regards!

Juan M Salgado
Villa Montaña Beach Resort

Been to Villa Montana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!