“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Montana Beach Resort

You added Villa Montana Beach Resort to your Saves list
Villa Montana Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera 4466 Km 1.9 Interior | Barrio Bajuras, Isabela 00662, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Hartford, CT
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I enjoyed my week long stay at Villa Montana. I was in Isabela on business, and I found this resort to be a relaxing end to each day in the office. My room was on the cliffside. Pulling into the driveway each evening right next to the door felt a little like home. The door had a regular metal key and not a magnetic card. This did mean that, upon my arrival, early for check-in, the man at reception had to call housekeeping to bring over (what I suspect) was 1 of only 2 keys for this particular room. However, as I said, I was checking-in early, so not everything was waiting at reception yet. The room was clean, though, I was able get settled pretty quickly.

The property is well kept. I could tell someone had recently touched up the paint by a faint, but familiar smell. It had charm and character and felt very relaxing. The restaurant looks like a page right out Pottery Barn catalog. Tropical Trailrides is located right next door. The horses come down the cliffside road everyday around 6:15 or so. I thought it was charming, hopefully you will think so too.

The room had reliable free wireless internet, but I got no cell reception at that location. Expect airplane noise from the nearby airport. Its infrequent, but when it happens it is very loud. Planes take-off on a reliable schedule every day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Lower Keys, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have stayed there more than once. Coming from the states back to my island could not be any better than this magnificent place. Friendly staff, attentive to your every need, the casitas in front of the beach, the splendor of this place, Eclipse restaurant, what a fantastic and brilliant way to get away! The kite surfing and just plain surfing is spectacular, walks on the beach and those heavenly waves!!! Love it all! Thank you, thank you and keep up the good work........

Room Tip: take a casita in front of the beach
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at VM many times. The rooms are always clean, beautifully decorated and well maintained. The Resident Manager is fantastic. She always asked how my stay is going and took care to see everything went perfectly. On a number of occasions, my company entertained clients and the Resident Manager arranged everything including a special meal that made everything wonderful. Our clients loved it. All credit goes to the Resident Manager. Unfortunately, I don't know her name or I would mention her. She is a gem.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The Villa Montana resort is a lush green little gem hidden away in the western corner of the northern coastal plateau of Puerto Rico. An out of the way place with a stunning view of miles of empty white beach and turqoise ocean.

The rooms are nice, a bit sparse, but well appointed, breathing a colonial atmosphere. Good airco, fast wifi, and a bidet to wash your feet when you come off the beach;-))

There are resurfaced tenniscourts next to a nice pool with cozy cabañas. There are many activities in the area to be done like scubadiving, kitesurfing, paddleboarding or snorkeling & horsebackriding.

The icing on the cake is the Eclipse restaurant. Masterchef Jeremy is nothing less than a kitchengenius. The items on the menu are very reasonably priced!
But, Eclipse is on it's best when you request a 'Tasting'. Jeremy cook's a six course surprise dinner that after trying it various times never ceases to make me incredibly happy, an explosion of taste that leaves your tastebuds bewildered...
Tastings are an experience worth of a Michelin star but will put you back somewhere between 100-150 usd depending on how thirsty you are.
One drawback to this jubilant tale, the waiting time for the food can be considerable at times, and I then expext that every restaurant of this calibre puts some bread or other munchies on the table so as not to starve or become grumpy on a grumbling stomach.

Other than that the Villa Montaña is the best place to be for a relaxing vacation, for many miles around!!

• Stayed January 2013
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We live within 1/2 hour but wanted to celebrate our anniversary with a 2 night stay at Villa Montana. From the minute, we went to the front desk to check in, the service was excellent. Check in was simple, and although we were 4 hours early so our room was not ready, the guys at the front desk gave us beach towels and told us to enjoy the grounds. We later got our room but fussy me wanted one with a more private patio if possible which they easily complied with my request. Lazy days lying on comfy outdoor furniture watching the ocean and all the kite-surfing. Lovely dinner at their restaurant Eclipse with great service as well. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

well apart from seen the management staff drinking at noon on work hours at eclipse restaurant. My bad experience start at c/i, when I went to get my room after surfing at 4:25 they told us that the room was not available that I could be until 7 before we could c/i they when to look for. Manager an some one came out off the offices on the front desk believed her name was (Enamille) when I notice a strong alcohol smell on her breath (some one need to tell her that gum dont work when is strong alcohol) any way to make story short I Lt was not pretty the room was missing towels and other stuff the restaurant take over an hour for food and the room that I was in need to be updated bad when you paying 350. A night. The staff is good they do what they suppose to do front desk and housekeeping were good management is a joke. Wonder if the resort owner i s like them to! He must to be loosing a lot off money!

• Stayed December 2012
ATiphaine, General Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
On behalf of all the staff and management at Villa Montaña Beach Resort, we hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

But before making allegations and accusing everyone, owner, staff and management, on perceptions conceived by frustration and anger, because of a two-hour check in delay, is not only harsh, but also irresponsible.

What you witnessed at noon, at the eclipse, were four managers, my self-included, in a tasting of our new signature drinks. The restaurant manager wanted our feedback, which we gave, after having a sip of the drinks prepared.

About the check in delay, you are absolutely right, but the failure of our other guests to leave the room on time was a frustration to us all. Thank you for your patience while we enlisted the help of several additional persons to help with your setup.
To avoid such problems in the future, we are imposing a higher surcharge on any guest that does not check out by the scheduled time.

About Enamille alcohol smell, absolutely not true. She’s my assistant, and she spent the whole day with me in meetings. You said you saw us noon “drinking”, but smelled alcohol in her breath at 7pm, something isn’t right here. Anyways, she leaves work at 4pm.

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and hope you give us a chance to amend, your experience by visiting us again in a near future.

Best regards!

Juan M Salgado
Villa Montaña Beach Resort
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from January 2 to 4 th 2013 to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, but moved to the States 16 yrs ago. My husband is not from P.R. But since he is married to me...you bet...he is stuck with P.R as long as he is alive :-) . So he is very well used to visit and travel around the island for many years. Our experience with this facility was really bad from the moment we entered the reception. Tried to check in waited from 3:30 pm to 5:40 pm for our room to be ready. NO apologies..no sorry.. Just a plain statement, we are waiting for your room to be cleaned. And we were not the only ones. I could say there were about 4 or 5 different parties waiting around the property. While we waited, went to the eclipse restaurant to get at cocktail.. We waited 45 min for the drink. Weird... The resturant was almost empty..only two other tables occupied. Ok...we don't say anything because maybe yes...we are tired and grouchy. So, we go back to the check in and waited.... Finally check in, after waiting x2 hrs. We get to the room. It was beautiful, spacious and with the exception for the floor, the room was clean (the floor was dirty and needed to be swept and mopped), I am happy... I thought. We get ready for dinner. And go by the eclipse restaurant. Very bad service to get even water! Our waiter was awsome...and he was working very hard. But, the kitchen was a mess...food took forever to come out...and had we had a similar experience from the person above (AIif1600).. So not to repeat..read the review above. The food was very good by the way. We went to bed and called housekeeping to request two things: 1. Needed 2 more towels in addition to the two we already had...and 2. The floor needed to be cleaned. Came back.. The floor was cleaned.. And all the towels were gone. Yes, they took ALL the towels...including the ones we used once and planned to re-use. We called x 3 times. No towels...about 1 1/2 hr later, my husband got really mad and stormed out of the room. Saw a housekeeper walk by with a cart and asked to get towels from the cart. My husband said that the lady gave him a weird look and handed him x2 clean towels like they were "gold precious garments not worthy to be used by humans".... So, now we could take a shower.
Breakfast...day #2 the worst dinning experience of my life. The service was bad, food did not come, waited 30 min to get coffee.. When finally got coffee it was cold..Milk was cold. Both waiter and kitchen service were bad. Only a couple of other tables were occupied..so it's not like they were busy. So that was it. We complained to one of the managers. And we had enough of this place. It is beautiful..like resorts are. But poor management was evident throughout... We were treated similarly to places like the local social security office or when you go to renew your drivers licensce..NNNext!!! We won't be back...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Montana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!