“WOW, Surpassed my expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Montana Beach Resort

You added Villa Montana Beach Resort to your Saves list
Villa Montana Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera 4466 Km 1.9 Interior | Barrio Bajuras, Isabela 00662, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Bedford, NY
“WOW, Surpassed my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

First of all, my husband I are fairly sophisticated world travelers and we just left VM a few days ago. We were in a 1 bedroom villa. It was beautifully decorated and very clean. Great amenities including large fluffy towels and spa style robes. I was not expecting much, based on the mixed reviews, but this place is fabulous. The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained by a large staff. There are 2 wonderful pools to choose from and very good tennis courts. The lounge chairs at the beach are heavenly, so comfortable and luxurious. This surf is a little rough, but I enjoy watching the windsurfers. My husband and I had dinner tonight in the restaurant, we found excellent food and friendly, attentive service, including exceptional dessert and presentation. We had no issues with the front desk people, they were helpful and friendly. It also has a good fitness center. We booked again for next year. All I can say is WOW!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

We recently returned from a delightful 10 day vacation at Villa Montana, our third visit to the resort. Villla Montana sits on the northwest corner of Puerto Rico.and is a short 31/2 hour flight from New York into Aguadilla on either Continental or Jet Blue. The resort is only a 15 minute drive from the airport. That said, Villa Montana feels cozy and secluded.

The resort sits on a lovely beach on the Atlantic side of Puerto Rico that offers larger waves than the Caribbean. Walking west on the beach for about 20 minutes there are huge, beautiful rock formations and along the way tidepools of marine life. Walking east the white sand beach stretches for miles and there are many areas for snorkeling.
Next door there is a stable that offers horsebackriding on the beach.

We stayed in a one bedroom bungalow steps away from the beach, but staying anywhere on the resort grounds is a short walk to the beach. Villa Montana is under new management and it shows. There are new lawn chairs, the employees are still friendly and accommodating and refurbishment of the grounds and the rooms is in progress.

We used the bungalow’s mini kitchen for breakfast and lunch but dined at the resort restaurant every night. The food was great, the service excellent and the location, right on the beach, was lovely. Listening to the surf break while dining by candlelight was peaceful and romantic. There are many local restaurants and while we did not try it, we were told that the local Thai restaurant was outstanding.

The resort provides a small gym and a spa although the spa was not operating while we were there due to renovation. .

There was a wedding during our stay but it did not inconvenience us in the least. I would highly recommend The Villa Montana for a quiet, relaxing holiday.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I have never stayed in such a bad hotel. They treat us like we were nothing, from the manager, recepcionist, to the wedding coordinator, everybody. They show you the best pictures of the resort, what you get is a humid, smelly room, the beach is all rocky so you can't swim at all unless you are an expert. The restaurant is run by the worst chef, meaning, fancy names for everyday food at a price of a 5 star rest. The wedding coordinator was very disrespectful, she even offer a wonderful cake for the wedding. Wow, what a dissapoinment, what my sister got was the most horrible cake a bride can have from the look to the taste. Not only that, she didn't even apologyze for it and my sister had to pay full price for it, $700. Don't waste your money in this place, there is many places to go a lot cheaper and much, much nicer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011 via mobile

For the first time ever I am embarrassed to be from Puerto Rico. I had guests at the Villa Montana and have always prided myself in the fact that service on the island was not the nightmare of the other southern islands. Today I was proven wrong. Where do I start? It took nearly three hours to get lunch! Never OK but less so when you have ordered a salad and a ham cheese sandwich with fries for two kids under 4! Three times talking to the waitress to at least get the kids food out a d three times the same vacuous "let me check with rhe chef" response. Ok so then let's get a drink. Piña Colada please just to hear rhe we don't have any. Followed by yes we do but we can make it with vodka! Who runs this place! Coco Lopez, canned or fresh pineapple and rum are readily available everywhere on the island. I can even stop at a roadside station and get this! And after all this amazing dini g experience they expect a big tip and reco. As a puerto Rican it pains me to say that we have list the sense of service and just have no clue. No wonder the Dominican Republic is getting all the the tourism.

• Stayed February 2011
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

We stayed here for one night in February 2010. Gorgeous setting and nice rooms, but management seemed harried dealing with a wedding while we were staying there. In the morning, the Eclipse restaurant was closed in preparation for the wedding. That was a problem because it's such a remote setting--no other options. They eventually opened the "O" lounge for a continental breakfast and charged $20/person for the fruit and yogurt. We were obviously disappointed in the food service, but the hotel and resort itself were just beautiful and we hope to return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

This is one of the few places that I feel really at home with everything just PERFECT! Fabolous location, wonderful staff and great rooms.
It is a wonderful hide away for a perfect romantic stay with everything one could ever ask for. Ok, I am not saying that it is super luxurious, but we didn´t pay luxury prices, so all in all for the money we paid for 5 nights I can only praise everything they offer. As far as a more romantic place? if you know of one, please send me a message because I have never been to a place where I have been be able to share quality time with my loved one and really relax as much as I have here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Restaurant/bar great, friedly staff; but outdated/old/poor condition rooms. Pictures on web site are very mis leading. We saw 3 rooms till we gave up and bit the bullet (and paid an upgrade cost) on the last room. The property is very beautiful, but the accommodations are not. The staff does the best w/what they have. This is not the stay we were expecting.

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Villa Montana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!