“Absolutely AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Houston, Texas, United States
“Absolutely AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Our first (definitely not our last) trip to Puerto Rico took us to Isabela to stay at a friends house there. He recommended Ola Lola's as a "Must try" before we leave. We got online to read some reviews just to double check this was going to be a place that we were going to enjoy. All of the reviews we read (good and bad) were answered my a man named John. I found that very reassuring that the owners of this place REALLY cared about their patrons locals and tourists alike. As we pulled up we noticed it was a small place. Almost like a dive bar my favorite type of place. Walked up to the window and was instantly greeted by John. It was a very pleasant greeting. He told us to sit and brought over a board with all the daily specials written on it and some menus for us to look at. My Fiance and I both ordered Pina Coladas. John made them for us and they were some of the best drinks I have ever had! My Fiance decided on the Asiago Burger and she was floored by how delicious it was. All the reviews that I read online mentioned a Peanut butter burger. My first thought was 'who the hell puts peanut butter on a burger?' But, being me and always being up to try something new I gave it a go. Prior to ordering I mentioned that I loved spicy food. John made it a point to go tell his wife (also the chef) that I liked spicy food. They made a special habanero peanut butter burger just for me. My original thought about peanut butter on a burger was crazy was very quickly put to rest after the first bite. Mainly because I couldn't think about anything but the next bite!! The food was absolutely delectable! John and his whole team at Ola Lola's made us feel like we were a guest in their home. They came out and sat with us and we talked for a while. Absolutely the most pleasant experience I have ever had at a restaurant! My Fiance said that the next time we return to Purto Rico we will not be doing the 'tourist' thing. We will be staying in Isabela and living, if only for a short time, like locals making sure that at least one meal per day of our stay is at Ola Lola's. John I know I will get a response from you. I wanted to thank you very much for making us feel so welcome at your place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John C, Owner at Ola Lola's Garden Bar, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Of course you'll get a response from me! It was a pleasure meeting both of you. Thank you so much for sharing a bit of your engagement trip with us. Be sure to come see us when you get back to the island. If you stay at the same place, you can walk on the beach to get to us. See you again soon!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great Place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great place, great people, great food, great drinks! What else could you ask for? My boyfriend and I felt so welcome, and the food was delicious!

Visited September 2012
John C, Owner at Ola Lola's Garden Bar, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you! We honored you shared your "get-away" time with us and that you enjoyed your visit. San Juan is not so far away. We hope we'll see you again very soon. Thanks again!
New York City, New York
“Nice Beach Bar...but not on the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I popped in here a few times while staying at Villa Montana. It was a fun little bar with pretty good food and great tropical drinks. A nice "home away from home" kind of spot, where the staff really tries to make you feel like a regular. Not a place for a romantic evening, but a nice place to stop in an cool off or unwind.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
John C, Owner at Ola Lola's Garden Bar, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We tried to move the beach closer but our neighbors objected. lol We're glad you enjoyed our "home-away-from-home" atmosphere. We try to have every guest feel as comfortable here - or more comfortable! - as they would on their own deck at home.
Hollywood, Florida
“More than 1 hr for 2 Burgers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ordered two asiago burgers and they were delicious and the Mojitos are to die for. What we did not enjoy was the long wait and the nasty stinky latrines. Other than that, if you can tolerate these two scenarios, get down to Bajuras for nice juicy burgers!

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your comments. First, I apologize for the wait for your burgers. We pride ourselves on getting food to the table as quickly as possible, but sometimes things happen that cause delays. I don't know what evening you were here so I can't comment on specifics, but I certainly apologize. that is NOT the norm. I am flabbergasted by your comment about our restrooms. They are cleaned daily and freshened as needed. I know because I'm the one who cleans them. If there was a problem with our restrooms during your visit, I certainly wish you had told either me or one of our staff. The problem would have been dealt with immediately. Again, I apologize for the wait for your burgers but we're glad you enjoyed them when they did arrive.
Benton Harbor, Michigan
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

A perfect spot for great food, delicious drinks and the friendliest staff! They make you feel like you're at home-if only home was a relaxing place that had someone cooking and preparing drinks for you! Although all the fresh, cook-to-order, food is wonderful, you can't go wrong with the Peanut Butter Burger or the Jalapeño Burger. And if you're lucky, John will make you his Mojito. I say this as I have never been a fan of Mojitos. However, I now know I just didn't like mediocre Mojitos! Muchas Gracias to all those who make Ola Lola's a place we MUST return to!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John C, Owner at Ola Lola's Garden Bar, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
"Perfect" What a wonderful description of Ola Lola's! Thank you for sharing your vacation time with us. We're so happy we could be a part of your first (and we hope not last) visit to Puerto Rico. Thank you!