“Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Lorton, Virginia
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Recently I visited Puerto Rico for a couple of meetings and visiting my family at Aceitunas, Moca. Decided to invite my family out for some dinner and some cold beers. We stopped at the new Happy Belly Restaurant in Jobos, Isabela. There we sat down and order some cold beers, awesome home made "Sangria prior to ordering. After we order the fresh Mahi Mahi, mofongo and other great plates we listen to the great sound of the ocean hitting the rocks. The meal took some time, which we did not mind, cause it is made fresh and not like other places that are pre cook prior to ordering. The food was excellent, and the price was fair compare to other places I have visited. After 1 am we were told they had to close due to local laws. But, the Staff was so excellent to let us know about their new establishemt at the Aguadilla Airport. They provided us a 10% discount certificate to be used the same night. We headed there and had another great night (We left at 5 in the morning) with a happy face. Not only it was the only place open so late, it has a secure environment, and great atmosphere.... I woud definetly recommend both location to anyone who wants to have a good time and knows how to enjoy it!!!!!

• Visited February 2013

boston
“good view,and excelent service!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went on vacation and disided to visit happy bellys i enjoy the view,,the service was excellent and the food is delicious...I recommend everybody to visit...

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great location and great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Visited this place when I came to Jobos Isabela to watch the rip curl pro surfing contest, and had a belly buster home made burger in this bar/restaurant and it was one of the best burgers i've ever had. The panoramic view was beatiful and you could also see the contest with some binoculars pretty clearly.

Virginia, USA
“great views - remember, that's why you go to a place that looks like this”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I are still trying to figure out what the apostrophe is for in "Belly's?"

My husband and I had been sightseeing through the mountains all day and wanted to stop about 2pm for drinks and some snacks. No one should be surprised from the outside of this place that it is not even two star dining, the signs says it is a bar and open from 11am to 3am every day. If you are seeking a fine wine and meal experience this is not even close to what you would enjoy.

The main thing, the view is spectacular. There is a complete, unobstructed vista of Jobos. Who cares if it takes 10-15 minutes to get a menu, take a breath and enjoy the warm sea air. The beers were cold and inexpensive. When we did order we got the mahi fish bites and they were really good. They were served warm and with two sauce options. We saw the pizza the table next to us ordered and looked about average for bar food. When my husband ordered another beer the bar tender was kind enough to bring him a canned one rather than a bottle, she advised the bottles were a little warm and the colder can would probably be preferrable. Who can argue with that kind of service?

We truly enjoyed it for what it was. A stop for a drink, a moment to watch the surfers from above the beach and a snack. If you want speedy service, honestly, you are on the wrong island.

I would recommend and will return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York
“ewwwwww”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stopped in for lunch. I was the only person there from 12:30 to 1:30pm which was strange but telling. Place is filthy and chairs and tables are in disrepair. Very little local food but they did have mofongo for $20!!! Not worth your time or money. I had a salad and a sandwich - not going back.

• Visited November 2012