“Olas y Arenas restaurant worth the stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 41 Restaurants in Isabela
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Juan, PR
“Olas y Arenas restaurant worth the stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

We have walked through the bungalos and they are really cute. The real reason I am writing this review is because of the eating experience at Olas y Arenas. The new chef, Juan, is truly outstanding, at least in relation to the average chef in Puerto Rico. Our entire meal was outstanding. Really. How often does that happen. If fact, we went back the very next night,and had more FRESH fish. I don't know Juan, though he introduced himself to me. My wife and I are basically gourmet cooks, and we dine out a lot in New York, LA, Austin, Paris, etc. This guy serves the best food I have had in PR, and I live here! We will go back, for sure. Even the rice is to die for. I won't even describe the crazy beans. Oh-the guy keeps a fresh herb garden out on the side to supplement his cooking. I am SO glad this place is on the island. I mean-I thought the Parrot Club sucked, and all the other "great" PR eating spots. But, this place...this chef. Check it out. Just make sure to call ahead of time to make sure Juan is behind the helm. Real home-style PR food, real fresh fish, real creativity, real coffee.

Oh-and my children also love this place. Great view, too.

Frank and Su