The spa is pretty good. The restaurant is also fairly good and creative, with high prices to match. We had a deluxe (enormous) room with a jacuzzi and fireplace which were very nice. It was like something in an episode of the Bachelor. The odd and somewhat depressing thing is the location. It is right off the highway. The views in all directions are of streets and powerlines and a neighborhood. It's really weird given all the effort the staff seem to go to inside the hotel to make things seem upscale. But there are no grounds to enjoy. They should plant some trees or something to block the views. The hotel also generally has the feel of a hastily refurbished Holiday Inn. The lobby has a faint smell of chlorine from the indoor pool and the lettering on the sign outside is peeling. And while our room had a lot of amenities, it felt very corporate/business travel-ish and dark. It 's not a terrible place, but it made a bad impression on us since we were looking for something warm and charming that fit in with the Quebec we had been experiencing as we drove around the countryside (and which we found by checking out early and heading to the Ripplecove Inn near Magog).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for the professionalism of its staff, the Auberge Godefroy welcomes its guests with warmth, personal attention and courtesy. Whether you are looking for the ideal place to spend a holiday vacation or searching for the beat accommodation for your business gatherings, you will be our privileged guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Auberge Godefroy Hotel, Spa and Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Godefroy Hotel, Spa And Golf Hotel Becancour
- Auberge Godefroy Hotel, Spa And Golf Becancour, Quebec