“Best eatery in Wiarton” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Wiarton, Canada
“Best eatery in Wiarton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I saw the other negative review and I can't believe it. My wife and I went on a Sat. and the service (by owner) was first rate. He was very accommodating, food was good atmosphere was good, very diverse offerings. It was our first time there so we didn't know what to expect and we were very pleasantly surprised. We thought that this would become our local, but on the down side, it was only open on the weekends and there is a for sale sign in the window. I don't even know if it still open since we live 20 mins away and don't get into town very often.
He offers (or did) a Mexican brunch that I would have liked to try.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Owen Sound, Canada
“awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

i can take from it is dont waste your time and money. No one has ever been happy with it, and the value is horrible and the owner is judgemental and stuck up. Never heard anything good about this place...should have listened when they said not to go!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Dont waste your time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I took my family here on the August long weekend. We were there at about 3 in the afternoon and there were only a few other tables there. They didn't have most of the vegetarian dishes in stock. After our order was taken by a guy in a dirty cooks apron we had to ask him to bring our drinks over 10 minutes after they were ordered. We then waited another hour for our food. We went to ask if it would be done soon and they said it would be right out. We waited 15 more minutes before finally walking out. I stopped in the kitchen on my way out to give them a piece of my mind. There were 3 people standing around doing nothing and they had the nerve to be rude back. I am embarrased that I took my family here and that we wasted an hour and a half of our long weekend. It left us all a bit upset and cranky and I will never return. This restaurant will surely be out of business before long. Dont waste your time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ontario, Canada
“Keep on walking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stopped in here as the Green Door was closed. Ordered a pulled pork sandwich, poutine, and a coffee. The sandwich was as dry as sawdust. I think the pulled pork is pulled from a freezer and heated in a frying pan. The french fries were raw on the inside so inedible. The coffee probably tasted fine when it was made 3 hrs before it was served to us. It too was far from desirable.
This is a cash only restaurant (is this the 80's?) that does not carry change. How convenient.

• Visited July 2013