“Worst "camping" of my life!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fiddlehead Resort Camp

Fiddlehead Resort Camp
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiarton
Fiddlehead Resort Camp
You added Fiddlehead Resort Camp to your Saves list
50 Oliphant Way, Wiarton, Ontario, Canada   |
toronto
“Worst "camping" of my life!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a trailer park, not a campground. I paid $47.50/night for my one tent.

Our site had the camp ground's circuit breaker, and someone was messing with it in the middle of the night, so that woke me up and was weird/kinda scary to have someone walking around your tent mumbling.

They make you wear wrist bands like you're at a keg party.

The sites are pathetic and for trailers - this place does not resemble camping in any sense. They were laid with sod.

Group near us was drinking and hooting until 3:30 in the morning. When asked to quiet down, they got louder and said, "I pay $8000+ a year to keep my trailer here, so I can do what I want. You are a transient." When I spoke to the owners, the guy said, "I can't put them to bed."

There was a big party of young people the first night too, but they were on the other side of the trailer park, so it wasn't too bad - unless you were next to them!

Also, half of the pictures on their website gallery are not of the park; they are from near-by places.

My conclusion is that this whole area (Sauble) is not for camping; that is, people who like to "get away from it all and rough it." The area is for families and young party people in board shorts and straw hats: a Canadian Daytona Beach. If you like to be active during the day and have a good sleep, don't bother. This place wakes up at noon and goes to bed at 4am. It was my mistake to visit this tourist attraction.

Room Tip: Not for tents; this is a trailer park.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Palmerston, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Will not stay at this campground again. Site was all sand with no grass at all and no shade. We picked one of the hottest weekends to go camping and had a really rotten experience. And to top it off the showers were .50 cents for a 5 min. shower. If you want to go to the beach you must drive out onto the beach for a long time, way too far to walk but when we checked in the guy said it was just down the street. Never again at Fiddlehead.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Muskoka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We have stayed at Fiddlehead in May, and we enjoyed our stay. It was peaceful and relaxing. When we came the owner told us just go through the gate and pick a site without taking any info or deposit from us. The next day we were all alone and the office was closed. It is such a nice feeling, when people trusting you. In July we will return with 3 other couples. The town is not far from the resort, and there are amazing caves and trails nearby. The beach down the road is great. you can walk for miles and our dog had fun. So we like this place, and can't wait till July.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Honestly, I really do not recommend this place, is worst than terrible. The owner charged us $30 per person per night, for a terrible service, we could not sleep those nights, because so many people were having parties around us, the owner did not do ANYTHING about it. They put so many people in that place, but they only have 3 dirty bathrooms for men and three for women. That place do not have anything, no paths to walk or to ride your bike, no nothing. There is not access to anything. If you want to take a shower, you have to pay .50 cents for 3 minutes, in a disgusting shower.
It was HORRIBLE, I wont ever come back again, and I definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, FIDDLEHEAD RESORT CAMP, IS THE WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We traveled to Fiddlehead Resort this past weekend and had a great time! We stayed in cottage 3 the 3 bdr. We called to book a cottage for two nights only, they had no problem with that. Most are weekly rentals only so its very hard to find a place for only a few nights they were very friendly when booking and no credit card is needed. The location is great its a nice and quiet area yet it's not to far from sauble. The beach is just down the street you can see the water and docks from the entrance (beautiful) we found a nice private cove just a two min drive down a bit and it was great swimming.The park is very clean and safe,with great camping lots and awsome cottages it has something for everyone. The owners were very inviting and helpful we felt like we were right at home,Kids,pets and singles are welcome, it's nice to have mix of people. The lots are nice and spaced out so your not on top of the people next to you, and with lots of room for your family to have fun and a campfire. The inside is great very clean, we had 5 adults and 1 kid and it was lots of room,dishes and tv were a bonus. I am a very picky person and this place gets an A+ from me!!!! See you next year

In response to the other post that said they wouldnt be back, I say clean up after yourself before you leave!!! The park is beautiful so I can see why they wanted you to pick your crap up. I Smoke and I smoked out by the fire and put my butts in a butt can, I would never just toss them all over the area it`s common sense!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

I am a regular camper in the Sauble Beach area and I have stayed at many of the camps in the area. Fiddlehead Resort Camp is a safe, clean and fair camp, the sites are for the most part large and well appointed. On the long weekends these camps tend to fill up and the resort does provide extra security to ensure a safe enjoyable stay. Other resorts in the area either have too many rules (lights out and no noise past 10pm) or no rules and unsafe, Fiddlehead Resort Camp has a balanced approach if you are having fun and keep the noise to your site, they don't shut you down.

I was at the camp on the August long weekend that the other reviewer mentioned and it wasn't as bad as she made out. Yes the washrooms were closed for part of the weekend, there are out-houses in an emergency, but the closure was due to abuse of the washrooms. The men's washroom had a shower broken off and the water ran for hours draining the tanks. There was also greasy dishes dishes washed in the washroom sinks which ended up clogging the drains so badly that they had to be cut-out and replaced. If this were a provincial park they would have just hung an out of order sign on the door and closed it for the weekend. But the camp management had them back up and running in short order.

The only other thing I would say about the other review of the camp, is they say they were forced to pick up garbage off of their site by hand, all I can say is if you dirty the site yeah you should pick up your crap...leave the site the way you found it princess...

• Stayed August 2009
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

I have been traveling to Fiddlehead resort for the past 10 years with my family of four and would highly recommend this camp to all. We have no complaints with the bathroom facilities,cleanliness of the camp, the play ground is perfect for children of all ages, the location is just a quick walk to the beach, the sites are all spacious and clean... like all campgrounds some rules do apply, Fiddlehead's rules are far from being ridiculous, try staying at some provincial parks!
If you are looking for somewhere to stay and completely enjoy your weekend or week long holiday I recommend Fiddlehead !!!

As mentioned in a previous review, I stayed at the resort that August long weekend. This was something that was caused from other visitors and the staff did the best to control the situation, a situation that was not ask for ! Under the circumstances it was resolved the best possible way they could.

If you are looking for spa like facilities then don't go camping.....

I think the best way to write a review is to experience the place yourself, the only thing we can do is advise and my advice is stay here and enjoy !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Fiddlehead Resort Camp? Share your experiences!