“Amazing stay! Wonderful Property!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waterview on The Bay

You added Waterview on The Bay to your Saves list
Waterview on The Bay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501205 Grey Rd 1 | RR 1, Wiarton, Ontario N0H 2T0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wiarton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cambridge, Canada
“Amazing stay! Wonderful Property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

What started off as a spur of the moment weekend adventure turn out to be a discovery of a gem of a place to stay in an area that we travel a lot. The owners of the Waterview on the Bay go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one. I have to say that I am known as a bit of a princess when it comes to where I will stay...and I give this place two thumbs up! I really enjoyed my stay and would return for sure and would definitely recommend it to friends and family. Now I can only comment on the room that we stayed in; we stayed in the Colpoy Level Suite. The view was amazing and soooooo relaxing. And straight from the mouth of the princess...the property and our room where both very clean .... This is very important to me in enjoying my stay. You could tell by the detail given to our room that the owners want everyone of their guest to feel special.
Deb & Brian

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

Most of our family still lives in Wiarton, but when we visit we have always stayed in Owen Sound or South Hampton because the properties are more acceptable. We found this one quite by accident driving by but were not sure of it's acceptability. I googled the property and the reviews and I was impressed enough to give it a try. Since we are both Key West wannabee’s I found the property very similar to what we experienced there in both architecture and hospitality. I especially loved the privacy of the balcony. We stayed on the top floor which had a lovely and private view of the water. Loved it and will be staying again.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

The Waterview on the Bay was an amazing place to stay in Wiarton. My husband and I found this resort when we were on our honeymoon 7 years ago. The room we stayed in had a fireplace, jacuzzi and private deck overlooking the bay! The room was immaculatley clean and the service was excellent! The king size bed was wonderful..you could lay on the bed and see the view of the bay though the large pictural windows. We took a romantic stroll down to the water and enjoyed the lovely scenery. The resort is just minutes from Wiarton so if your looking for romance like us, you can get some great food and go back to the room to enjoy!
I would definitley recommend to anyone that this is a great place to stay..and my husband and I will be going back very soon!!

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

We had our fall wedding at the Waterview resort! We would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a beautiful wedding, or even just for a get away. The staff at the waterview were very helpful though the whole planning process, and when the weekend came it all turned out more then perfect. Our guests raved about the food and resort its self, it was like no other wedding they had ever been to, our guests and us were very pleased. Dave and Evan are good hosts and provided us with everything we needed for our special day. We look forward to coming back next year for another visit.

• Stayed September 2009
Burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

This isn't my first time staying at the Waterview. I actually drive over 3 hrs from Burlington and have done so more than 8 times to stay at the Waterview Resort. We even regularly visit in the off season and there are always quite a few guests at the resort. On our last visit, the owners were able to accomodate us on short notice for 3 nights and were very welcoming as always. You almost feel like family!
They helped my boyfriend and I find the best locations in the area to eat, sight see and fish! They know alot about the area and the surrounding towns. More importantly, this hotel is always VERY VERY clean, the towels are changed daily and their staff are all polite, friendly and helpfull.
I was reading reviews on this site for the Waterview and I have to comment on a particular individual's review, ccToronto. The comments were not accurate as I have stayed at the resort numerous times as mentioned and have thus stayed in many of the rooms. The bottom rooms are different from the top but they are still clean and functional. I talked to the owners about this specific incident and this person was accomadated last minute for the first night in the upstairs room as there was a cancellation and then they made room for her downstairs the next night due to the upstairs room being reserved already.
This person obviously didn't ever experience a wedding at the Waterview so for them to comment on one is purely subjective. My friend was married here 2 years ago and she still talks about it as the owners and staff went out off their way to ensure it was an unforgettable day.
The Waterview Resort has a great location with a beautiful bay view from all the rooms. It is well maintained and they have the Willies Den in the back where the best breakfast buffett is served. They also do weddings, parties, lunches and dinners! My boyfriend and I are 26 years old and just love the Bruce Penninsula and the WATERVIEW RESORT!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

This is a great place to stay. We were married here a few years ago and have come back every year since. The staff are great and the owners go out of their way to ensure that a good time is had by everyone. The food is always exceptional. If you are looking for a great and affordable getaway - this is the place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I agree with "OK" and "Mediocre at best". I stayed in rooms on the top floor and the bottom floor. The rooms at the top floor are nice but the rooms at the bottom floor are terrible. We couldn't even stay overnight in one of the bottom floor rooms, and checked out early in the evening. The room smelled, the kitchen was dirty, the furniture looked like it was 20 years old, the TV had a distorted picture, there was not DVD player, and the furnace made a ticking sound, smelled and did not heat consistently (after having to ask several times to turn the thing on!). I couldn't believe that the two rooms were in the same place. The worst thing about my experience was the customer service - or lack there was. The owner was rude and condescending when I politely complained that I could not stay in such a room. He denied there was even a problem, stating, "It's perfectly fine. There's nothing nothing with the room," although two of us made the same complaint. I wrote the owners a letter of complaint addressing this issue and they denied that they were rude. Not acceptable for a place that (falsely) calls itself a "resort". You can find much nicer venues in Wiarton. I would not recommend getting married there. You will be embarrassed that your friends will have to sleep there!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Waterview on The Bay? Share your experiences!