“Very good pub/comfort food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Napanee
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: If you are looking for great homemade food with large portions this is your Pub. We always offer great lunch, and dinner specials. Our menu is british pub fare, with large vegetarian options, catering for small or large groups and a private back room for special occasions. We have live entertainment on Saturday's. We are kid friendly. Come hungry.
Montreal, Canada
“Very good pub/comfort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Only 5 minutes off the main highway and a great alternative to the chain restaurants in Napanee on the 401. The roast beef sandwich with au jus is great as is the fish and chips and the chicken caesar wrap. The only "miss" was the pulled pork sandwich. Good prices and friendly staff.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cobourg, Canada
“Good pub find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were in Napanee for the day doing some research for a tour and The Loaf and Ale was recommended for lunch. We had heard that there was a new chef. He certainly seems to be a good investment. I started with a chicken soup with vegetables - the genuine homemade article. I followed that with three Indian style samosas, on a bed of spinach leaves and with a sweet chili dipping sauce. The samosas were stuffed to the gills with an excellent pea and potato mix and then probably baked. They certainly were not greasy which samosas can be. My only complaint is that it would be nice to have a few more of the spinach leaves. My husband had a turkey club sandwich, filled with turkey slices and generous helpings of the other usual ingredients - a real doorstep of a sandwich. This came with lattice fries which are his faves. It is a pub, usual television screens playing silently, but a great downtown spot to grab a quick lunch.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“They need new staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch with daughter and my friend after bragging about how good the food was. Half way through our meals I noticed my daughter is not eating ask her what is wrong and she shows me a piece of glass that she found in her wrap. Show the waitress who looks at us like we were lying and walks away. No replacing the food no nothing when I ask her about when I go to pay she states to me that my daughter ate the fries and half the wrap. I stood there stunned then say perhaps I could speak to the manager to which she says fine and takes the meal off of our bill. No sorry or anything. Won't ever go back and tell be don't bother until they get new staff and it is mentioned here !!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Canada
“Late Lunch and a pint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch and a pint of the Loaf n Ale beer. I don't know where they get it, but this beer is great. I had the soup and sandwich lunch special. Half a tuna salad sandwich and chicken creole soup. It was spectacular. The cooks make the soup fresh in the restaurant, not some crap squeezed out of bag from head office. This is my third trip to the restaurant and it never fails to impress me. If you want a good wholesome home cooked meal, I reccomend the Loaf, if you want crap squeezed out of a bag, go to one of the chain stores.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belleville, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Everything about this restaurant was average, from the service to the food. I have eaten there for lunch and dinner on 3 occasions now, (I like to give the benefit of the doubt) and it still remains mediocre in my opinion.

Visited November 2012