“Good food” 3 of 5 stars

Description: shoelessjoesnapanee@bellnet.ca
Toronto, Canada
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Good food but a little pricey - $6 for average onion rings. Service was good, place can get noisy, lots of TV screens which can be distracting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great food and fun for all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A very pleasant sports bar and restaurant. Great menu items for all appetites, appetizers to large meals, salad options. Many of the booths have their own TV screens. However, if noise bothers you this might not be your place. But the good food, atmosphere, and staff for me outweigh the noise. Great on tap beer, good coffee, and lots of drink choices for all ages. Dessert is standard fare, but good and fresh. Often have an evening meal with friends, at this location. People of all ages eat here and just off the 401, easy access. If you are on the road good stop. Really Clean!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to a hockey tournament last week-end (yearly tournament) and we use to go to Shoeless Joe's for all of our meals but this year was the worst ever...we had booked for 20 people but had only 16 places, the orders were all mixed up and it took for ever to get served, some of our drinks arrived after the meal and in some cases, it took almost one hour to get our meal. And above all that, we even got a waitress with a hell of an attitude who would answer or make comments like ''so what'' ''whatever'' and even went as far as telling us it took long to get our beer ''Molson Canadian'' because they had to change the keg of ''Coors Light''...
At the end of the meal, they kept coming with plates, asking us who had ordered those plates...and you should have seen billing time ! OMG, we had to tell the waitress because she was alll mixed up and didn't know who had what, it was a JOKE.
I will even add another event that happened last year, when the waitress who was serving, spilled a whole drink on me and did not even give me a discount on my bill or offered me a free drink but I still gave it another try this year but it is the last. I can honestly say that the Loaf and Ale was 10 times better.

• Visited April 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Wings and Ribs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was just here in March and being that there aren't many dining options in Napanee, ON I gave this place a shot. I opted to stay away from the starches and got the cauliflower soup, half-pound of wings with half-rack of ribs. I got the steamed veggies and coleslaw for my sides. Overall it was pretty decent. Ribs were pretty standard pork ribs. Sauce was good but I thought it needed a little more spice for being called chipotle. The wings were good too but I think the classification of spices was on the low side. The veggies were good too and steamed pretty well but the coleslaw was not something I am used to. There was very little cabbage in it. They used shredded iceberg lettuce as a filler which totally kills the taste and texture. Service was good though and the place was spacious.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto
“Very Friendly Staff and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I ate here at least 3 times during a recent business trip and found the staff to be very friendly and quick to bring us our order. Food was delicious, except for the coleslaw that came with the Fish and chips, they put onion in it and this was a turnoff. Hamburgers are delish!

Visited March 2013