“Would live there if we could! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Best Kind Bed and Breakfast

The Best Kind Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placentia
The Best Kind Bed and Breakfast
161 - 169 Bond's Path, Placentia, Newfoundland and Labrador A0B 2Y0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Placentia B&B and Inns
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
“Would live there if we could! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Out of all the hotels and bed and breakfasts we, my husband and I, have stayed at, this b&b is, by far, the best we have stayed at!! The home is warm, cozy and extremely comfortable! The host's (Frankie and Ed) are two very welcoming people who go above and beyond to make your stay perfect! The rooms are delightful and the breakfast is delicious! We will certainly return again!

Room Tip: I recommend room # 4 for couples!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My mother and I stayed here during our vacation in Newfoundland and we both enjoyed our two nights stay very much. The rooms are pleasantly decorated, immaculate, comfortable and quiet. Frankie is a wonderful host and provided us with a substantial breakfast, great conversation and a relaxing start to our day. Her attention to the comfort of her guests was very much appreciated!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dieppe, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at this wonderful B&B for the first night of my 3-day stay in Placentia, and then moved to a local hotel where there rest of my co-workers were staying at. How I wish I could've stayed at Frankie and Ed's place for the 3 nights!!! They were excellent hosts and went above and beyond to make all their guests welcomed! The rooms were very clean and fresh, the bed was super comfortable and it was so quiet - did not hear the other guests eventhough all the rooms were occupied, and did not hear the hosts preparing breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was very good and I did not feel rushed to eat and run. The hosts actually sat down and had coffee with me which was a nice way to start the day. They even took the time out of their busy day to come and visit my company's kiosk set up for East West North Summer Expo - another nice touch! Very genuine folks. If ever I am back in Placentia, NL, will make sure that they have a vacancy for me!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My family and I first stayed in this great B & B 1 month after opening in November of 2010. Even just opened, this was a great place. In 2011 most of the renovations are complete and our last experience staying here was even better. I simply cannot say enough about the hosts Ed and Frankie. Intelligent, articulate and genuine concern for our comfort would be a good start. The rooms are top notch, clean and well appointed. The breakfast varies every morning and is excellent. The care and attention to the small details is what this place is all about. Top that with a panoramic view of the SE Placentia Arm and a location very close to the Southern Avalon shore highway is a winning combination for any tourist in staying in the Placentia area.

Room Tip: Room #1 is great for families.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Our hosts welcomed us with a cup of tea and showed us our very comfortable rooms. We asked about eating that evening and when we decided on pizza Frankie (our hostess) not only ordered it for us but went to pick it up, saying we had probably done quite enough driving for the day! We were able to relax with the other guests in a lovely lounge and exchange lots of stories. After a very good nights sleep we had a substantial, but healthy breakfast to set us on our way. Frankie and her husband made my birthday special, even managing to rustle up a fantastic slice of cake and a candle, as well as a drink for the birthday toast! Many thanks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Best Kind Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!