“Very moldy” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Dallas, Texas
“Very moldy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed at this property years past. It was once a Comfort Inn. The room was fine but the mold in the room was so bad we left after one night. I asked the people staying next to us if their room was moldy and they said yes. The desk help was not interested in helping the next morning so we moved to the Best Western on the River, which was not much more but extremely clean. Choice Hotels should take their name off this property. The mold is unsafe and by the morning I was coughing from a reaction. Stay somewhere else, wish I had read the reviews before I booked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My sister booked this hotel online and it looked fine from the pictures. When we checked in the rooms smelled of musty, moldy, mildew smell. The tub was filthy, the bed was not in the best conditions. The kids checked the beds for bugs and we did not sleep well. We ended up staying that night because of the time we arrived into Natchez. The kids wanted to swim so I checked out the pool. Don't use it. There was green moldy looking stuff in the deeper end of the pool and chipped paint. They just filled the pool with water and no chlorine. The food was awful and the front desk clerk was on the computer with her Facebook page in full view of the guest as well as on her cell phone. She put out frozen sausages to eat and when putting them in the microwave they came out greasy. We had paid for the full stay and went and got our money back. We ended up staying at a family friends house for the time we were there and the kids got to swim. If you are a construction worker and don't care about the look and feel of you room, this is the place for you. If you are a business traveler or on a family vacation STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Absolute worse hotel experience ever. Room filthy, smelly & dated. What little sleep I got was fully dressed & armed on top of the covers. We checked out at daybreak the next morning. Stay away!!! You'd do better to sleep in your car.

• Stayed July 2013
Gracemont, OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Most Quality Inn lodging is pretty good, so one does put a lot of trust into this name, but not this one. Don't stay here, you will be dissatisfied. The people at the counter are not friendly. The rooms had roaches, no towels, unfriendly service, dirty rooms. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Butler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel looks fine on the outside but once in the room it smelled old musky and mildew and moldy all rolled in one. We checked in got to room an saw the bedskirt was a lot the source of the mold because it was dragging the floor where something had been spilled before an it had soaked up on the bedskirt an it was covered in a THICK MOLD you could cut thru it with a knife,,, This was Friday May31,2013 an today I found out they charged me for the room anyways and I even got a lil nervous about them so I called the Hotel back to make sure I was refunded and they advised me that since I didn't stay that I was never charged bc they charge the card on the last day... So now IDK what to do or how to get my 142.60 back I do have a letter from the SO CALLED MANANGER ERIK PATEL but don't know how well it will hold up.....But there was a couple in the lobby when I went in to get a refund they too ask for a refund when they saw I had problems....We went stayed at a much better hotel with a pool for $30 more an it was WELL WORTH THE EXTRA....Thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you value your health and safety, don't stay here. This place is a dump. We checked, saw the room and in 6 minutes checked out. They had already run our credit card but Choice Hotels got us our money back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Meridian
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I used to stay at this hotel every time we visited Natchez. This stay will be our last for sure. It has not been taken care of and is run down. I dreamed of bugs all night. There are many new motels in the area now so they will be getting our business.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!