“Bed Bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
Maywood, Illinois
“Bed Bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the quality inn and in Natchez from june 6 thru 7 2012 and got bed bugs. I itched for a month and when I conplained to the manager, he yelled at me and said that me and my family don't ever have to come back. I will never go back again.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Small, outside room entrance motel just a few miles from downtown sites. Check in took about 3 minutes. No roll aways available. Room was clean and of ample space. Two doubles, table, two chairs (one with a torn and patched seat cushion), dresser, flat TV, short suitcase rack, fridge/freezer, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, one sink outside bathroom. Sink faucet was very had to shut off. Tile floor in bathroom was cracked, but bathroom was clean. Internet had strong signal but would not connect to any device we had. Breakfast room was the lobby, but nicely set up. Breakfast included: Waffles, cereal, biscuits, sausage patties, donuts, bagels, toast, english muffins, hard boiled eggs, bananas, apples, three juices, two milks, coffee and fixings. They had a pool but did not even have time to look at it. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on second floor front, and did not hear road noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Griffith, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The room was not up to Quality Inn standers. The coffee maker was not clean from the last time .
Toilet would not flush. After three flushes it was ok .
Went to the front desk staff would not get the manager . Women was more interest in Facebook on the other computer . Got a $ 7.00 dollar credit on the room . Ask when the other room would be available . Told after one .
When we came back and got the room key . Asked if the room was clean She stated that she had not seen the room . The chair in that room was ok after 3 pillows where put in the chair . To keep from hitting the floor .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel is on a major street, so it can be noisy. It also is showing its wear. During our cross country trip, we stayed in far nicer, more modern Quality Inns. The room was fairly clean. The Wifi did signal was not strong enough to work well. If we returned to Natchez, we would stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Crystal Springs, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

OK, if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Natchez, the Quality Inn fits the bill -- about $58/night - maybe half the price of the nice places downtown near the Convention Center and the Mississippi River. But, as you enter the room, it greets you with a strong stench of mold and dirt. The place is older and has not been kept up that well. It's the kind of hotel where you want to put a towel down on the chair before sitting down. The smoke detector is dangling from the ceiling by a wire bundle But, what I was saying is that the room really stinks. I had a 3 night reservation, but am leaving in the morning and moving to the Hampton Inn for $116/night -- it's new, has a full, hot, breakfast, and is literally right across the street from the Natchez Visitor's Center AND the Mississippi River. The Quality Inn is literally in the midst of a construction zone, behind a seedy looking Mexican restaurant, and about 3 miles from the river. Hey, price isn't everything. I'm outa here.

Room Tip: stay here if low price is very important and your sense of smell is very poor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
qualityinnnatchezms, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the broken smoke detector in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repair or replacement.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Chamblee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This Quality Inn isn't up to snuff. The rate was a little high and there aren't tons of economy hotels in town. The lady at the front desk made me wait on her to finish texting before she would help us, not a good impression. The room had a faint odor of mildew and some was visable in the bathroom. The room was looked decent but the bed spread had stains on it as well as the carpet. The cable outlet was off the wall and made the picture very fuzzy until I screwed it back into place. The carpet is overdue for a good cleaning and turned my white socks a blackish color. Breakfast was skimpy and it looks like they usually have waffles and eggs, but not durning my stay. I think they are being too cheap. This could be an ok hotel if housekeeping and maintenance would improve.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for seeing beyond the problems that you encountered, to what this hotel could be and hopefully will be.

• The lady at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which she is to treat you, our valued guest.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the cable in the room assigned to you and that you fixed it.

Hotel Manager.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I have to admit, I reserved this hotel before checking the reviews, and was nervous after reading them. But I was on a budget, and didn't want to pay any more than I had to for a night's sleep.

PROS:
The room was clean and comfortable, everything was as promised, and I got a hot breakfast in the morning. What more could one ask for?

CONS:
There was a bit of dirt between the bathtub and wall. The bathtub was cleaner than the one in my house so I didn't complain.

The breakfast was good, but the first morning I was there, it seemed the attendant was not prepared for a Saturday morning. They were out of orange juice, coffee, and waffle batter just to name a few. Once I finally got my breakfast, however it was a nice morning for a good nights rest.

NEUTRAL:
I reserved a room with a whirlpool, however the hotel called a day before check in to say the room was unavailable and would I take a similar room without the whirlpool at a discount. I suppose not having a whilpool was a slight let-down, but given the circumstances, they handled it correctly. One thing to note - the lady I spoke with had a thick southern accent and it was hard to understand.

The housekeeping staff wanted to clean early (9:00ish), however once they saw I was still in the room they promised to come back later and did. I understand they have to clean around 50 rooms a day inside of 3-5 hours and I don't blame them for wanting to get a head start. I suppose it also didn't help that my room was right next to the lobby.

CONCLUSION:
Overall, I think I got what I paid for and more with this hotel. I admit I was slightly inconvenienced a few times as stated above, but how I was inconvenienced could have happened at any other of the pricier hotels. Well worth it.

Room Tip: Room 106 is quiet. You sleep next to the lobby so limited neighbor noise. The door needs a good tu...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!