“Real good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
California
“Real good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

You really get a lot for your money at this hotel. This is a good place to stay if you want a clean and comfortable room a fair price. I stayed there durning the week and they exceeded my expections. Along with the room was a free breakfast and also a free dinner. The dinner was nothing fancy but wasdelicious. They had chilli, greens, and banana pudding. I sleep well and had no problems. I did use the free internet and had no problems there either. The staff was friendly and fast. I felt like I made a good choice by staying here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

Me and my wife decided to take a weekend trip to Natchez and our friend recommended the Days Inn on Hwy 61. We called the property and made a reservation with a very friendly young lady in the office. She told us all about the property and even gave us a nice discount for seniors over 50. We really liked that and also the also the free dinner that was served each night. That was really unexpected and enjoyed. The room was clean and the property was tidy. I did not use the pool but I did use the wireless internet and it worked well. Breakfast was nice and had lots of choices. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and was available to bring us extra towels until 9pm. Overall, we were very happy with our stay and will stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

I called the Days Inn looking for a room for a couple days. The young lady that answered the call was very friendly and was able to give me a Corporate discount and told me all about the property. She made me feel very welcome there and told me that they offered a free dinner that changes daily. This was interesting and I figured to give it a try. I checked in to the hotel while the dinner was being served and decided to give it a try. It was very good! They had Turkey tetrazini, turnip greens, corn bread, and an outstanding bananna pudding and it was really free. I stayed in the veranda section that had a John Wayne room and a William Holden room that had dvd's to watch. The movies had both stars in them and were filmed in Natchez. The room was unique as it had a canopy bed, a seperate dressing area and decorated better than most standard rooms. The room was very clean and the wireless internet worked great. They had a front porch with rocking chairs where I could sit and read email while getting some fresh air. I slept very well and enjoyed a nice breakfast the next morning with biscuits and gravy and Starbucks coffee. I was so happy, I decided to stay there again the following night. The staff was very friendly and were very helpful. I appreciated the savings by not having to purchase breakfast or dinner. Dinner the second night was red beans and rice, greens, corn bread and more of that amazing bananna pudding. I hope to get another job in Natchez so I can go back to the Days Inn and enjoy the fine southern hospitality that they showed me.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Tammydays, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
Please let me take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Days Inn in Natchez, MS. My staff and I strive to give our guests a great stay and when I read a comment like the one you wrote, we know we are doing something right! Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, you can be sure that I have printed your comment out and shared with my entire staff. Come back and see us soon! Thanks again.
atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

As none of the other hotels appealed to us, we wound up at the Days Inn by default (because it doesn't make sense to pay a lot of money for something that is only marginally nice). At $70, this was neither more nor less than what a $70 room should be: slightly on the small side, functional furniture, functional bath, all a little threadbare and shopworn -- but safe, and extremely pleasant staff.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager06417, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, October 5, 2009
Thank you for your compliment that you felt safe and to my extremely pleasant staff.

On the room condition, I do apologize as we are in the process of remodeling. Of course we are unable to do them all at once, I am just sorry that the one that you got was one that we have yet to have done.

If your travels bring you back to Natchez, please stop again and allow us another chance to win your favor
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

Days Inn "use to" have the reputation of good value for the money. This location looks updated on the outside but Room 128 is bad! We walked into the room and it smelled bad, was attacked by fleas, the bed spreads dirty and in bad shape, the carpet very dirty, the telephone grimy dirt and all furnishings mis-matched. We were in the room all of about 5 minutes and went and checked out...very bad.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Tammydays, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, August 25, 2009
At Days Inn of Natchez we strive to exceed our guests expectations. However, we obviously fell short of this goal during your recent visit to our hotel. Please know that I have personally inspected room 128 and rectified any and all issues with this room. I am so sorry that your experience at our hotel was anything less than exceptional, I would love the opportunity to speak to you directly to rectify this situation.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us so that we may ensure our guests the very best experience next time.
MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

If you want luxury, look elsewhere. If your budget is small, and you don't mind just bare necessities, this place will suffice. The room was adequate. The tv, microwave, refrigerator and hair dryer worked. The bed was reasonably comfortable. The sheets were clean. The air conditioning unit worked moderately well. The staff was friendly.

However, the bedspread had a hole in it. The curtain over the window didn't hang well, exposing a small portion of the window. The bathroom was not much larger than a matchbox. The bathroom door would not close completely. The exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work. The shower head was immovable and was pointed in the direction of the soap dish. This made showering a little awkward. Our non-smoking room smelled slightly of smoke. The telephone was nasty.

We were vacationing, and chose to start the mornings more slowly than usual. But as a result, we missed the continental breakfast which closes at 9:00 a.m. We did not try the free suppers. The free wireless Internet worked occasionally. At other times, it was impossible to connect.

Would I stay at this Days Inn again? It would depend on the size of my vacation budget. For the price we paid, this was ... adaquate, at best.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

The Days Inn Natchez is around 2 miles from Natchez and just off the Trace. We were given an early check-in, and our room was "round the back" which made it really quiet. There was a barbeque area and benches that backed onto the woods- really nice.

Our room was adequate, and there was plenty of parking. The hotel is near many restaurants and a 24 hr Walmart. Breakfast was a better than expected continental, with biscuits and gravy, and waffles.

Price? Hotels in Natchez are not cheap- so at $55 a night, the Days Inn was really gerat value!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Natchez? Share your experiences!