“New bed, new carpet, but--” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Natchez
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109 Highway 61 South, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Natchez
Fargo, North Dakota
“New bed, new carpet, but--”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

With the tripadvisor reviews jumping all over the place we had concerns, so we called ahead and were assured we had one of the best rooms. Our room had some positives. The carpet had been recently replaced, the box spring and mattress looked new and the bedding was clean and seemed fresh. The provided evening meal was good (mac/chili combo with corn), but feeds lots of construction workers so get there early. All this, however, does not make up for the fact that the place really needs a good cleaning starting with the tub/shower. In the room, most of the baseboards and moldings had a layer of grime that would turn a tissue black when rubbed accross them. The chair was lower garage sale quality--worn and dirty. The older style TV did not have very good reception and was contained in a large cabinet that was pretty beat up.

Whenever cleanliness issues are mentioned in a review, management responds that the cleaning staff are being trained. This assurance rings hollow if it is not followed up on. Cleaning must be improved or the upgrades that have been made will soon deteriorate. We left a couple of notes pointing out problem areas. It was obvious that the night stand had never been moved or cleaned behind since the carpet was installed and the molding by the air conditioner was--yuck!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I am pleased to hear you felt there were some positives about our little hotel. The carpet has been recently replaced and the box springs and mattresses are brand new so i am glad you got to have a good night's sleep. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our supper. I have worked very hard on that supper since i started working here to make it the best it can be. In response to your other comments about cleanliness i can say that our housekeepers have gone through training sessions and one on one counseling sessions. Things have improved almost 100% from the time i started working here which was last June. On our last mystery inspection from our corporate office we were rated a "B". Not quite an "A" just yet but we are definitely working on it and i am confident on our next mystery inspection we will score an "A". Housekeeping has little projects everyday to work on like cleaning the baseboards and the silver metal frames so things are coming along great. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Natchez. Thanks for your review.

Steve Rosberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Brookhaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Days Inn in Natchez. Pat at the front desk was so helpful and nice. She's always willing to help. I always stay a Days Inn when I'm in Natchez. The rooms are nice and the staff is so helpful.

• Stayed January 2014
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We are very lucky to have Pat working here at the Days Inn of Natchez. Not many places can boast of having such an incredible employee like Pat. Also, thank you for noticing how nice our rooms are. We have been doing alot of work lately getting everything up to par by doing necessary repairs, buying new beds, linens, chairs, etc etc. It's nice when guests notice what we are doing. Take care, my friend, and we hope to see you soon.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I were visiting our son's family who live in Natchez over the Christmas Holiday. We stayed at the Days Inn for ten days. We were extremely satisfied. The room was clean and beds comfortable. The expected amenities were there. Each morning the motel provided a breakfast that was very good. The motel has a weekly rate for those visiting Natchez for an extended period. That was very beneficial to us. Housekeeping is limited during the weekly rate period but my wife and I were quite capable of making our own bed and picking-up our towels each morning. This saved us at least $350 for the week.

Second, the office manager, Patricia Issac (her business card is on the counter), was extremely friendly and helpful. She seems to work every day in that she was there each morning welcoming us to breakfast and asking if she could assist us with anything. I also had a very positive experience with the evening clerk when we checked in.

Finally, the last encounter I had with the organization was most gratifying. We checked out, gave our goodbyes and went on our way. We met our son for lunch and after lunch my wife noticed that she was missing a ring that was important to her. She remembered taking it off and putting it on the night stand near the bed. We hurried back to the motel and the maid was cleaning the room next door to where we stayed. She immediately came to my wife with the ring. I have no doubt that if we hadn't returned we would have received a call from the motel returning the ring.

My wife and I definitely recommend this motel to anyone needing a room in Natchez. We will definitely return.

Bill and Kathi T.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the room in the front of the motel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I appreciate you giving such a wonderful, accurate review of our little hotel. We have rates to please most guests and i am glad you got to take advantage of our weekly rate. The Days Inn of Natchez is one of a very few hotels in Natchez that offers a weekly rate so i am glad you got to take advantage of it.

Also, as you can see by past guest comments, Pat is very popular here at Days Inn. That is because she epitomizes the spirit of genuine southern hospitality and she likes to please guests and i am so happy to hear she made your stay wonderful.

Lastly, the Days Inn of Natchez has worked hard to build a team of honest, friendly employees and it is so pleasing to hear that your wife's precious ring was returned immediately without any delays.

In closing, my friend, thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel. We hope to see you again very soon.

texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel was booked and paid for in early December - two rooms, one for my family of four and one for my parents. To begin with, the GPS sent us across town to a not great part of town. When I contacted the hotel, the front office talked me through finding the hotel and after about 10 minutes she said - "Oh! Wait! You said you were on ---- street and I was thinking of ----...Never mind what I said, turn around." When we finally got to the hotel she stated that this frequently happens with GPS because of the hotel address.
The hotel appears clean and nice from the front, but we were given rooms in the back corner, one directly under the stairs. It was raining and all the available parking spots were flooded so getting out of the car/unpacking left us soggy. The back walkway was dirty and littered with trash which had clearly been there longer than a few days. The key card slot on one door was loose which caused some security concerns right off the bat. The carpet was badly stained and so dirty no one could take their socks off. There were hairs on the tub and toilet and a hole in the toilet where water bubbled out each time it was flushed. There was a used soap wrapper in the tub and both rooms smelled of dirt and mildew. Several lights in the room did not work and one of the A/C units worked only after several minutes. One room had no toilet paper and we had to share between the two. For a room booked for four people, we had two towels and two washcloths - no hand towels or floor towel for the shower. The shower faucet came out from the wall and could only be turned on by holding it into the wall with one hand while pulling it on with the other.
We had been told at checkin that the hotel was full so we knew there was no point in requesting a room change and after a long day of driving it would have been too much to ask my parents to repack and move to another hotel (assuming we could have found one). Avoiding this type of experience is exactly why I spend HOURS researching everything before I book.
In the morning I spoke with the Front Office Manager, not just to complain but to let her know that NO ONE should be placed in these rooms at this time. She stated that the back of the hotel is mostly being rented out by the week/month by construction workers so they fill the front of the hotel first. This is inexcusable - even as a last resort these rooms are disgusting. In addition, my rooms were guaranteed and paid for - we should have had clean, decent rooms set aside at the start of the day. If they had tried to give these rooms to people paying at the time, they would have lost customers. By reserving/paying ahead of time, we were no longer important. I was told the only thing the hotel could do was to offer me a discount coupon on another night stay at one of their sister facilities. Not only are these hotels no where near anyplace we will be traveling, given the experience at this hotel, I would be reluctant to try this out.
I review a lot for TripAdvisor and other sites. I am not unreasonable and believe in giving praise when possible. I was embarrassed, disgusted and angry that I placed my children and parents in such a horrible place. I am following up with this facility and with the Days Inn Corporation. I will be posting/updating any response I get - positive or negative. I am hoping I can pass on what was done as a resolution.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend anything about this hotel at this time. If you have to stay, do NOT accept a roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Days inn of Natchez. We are not pleased to hear you did not have a great stay. There are times that things are not in order and this happens everywhere you go, but the main thing is getting those things corrected in a timely manner so guests are not affected. Our maintenance and housekeeping staff is here to do what ever it takes to make sure that our guests needs are immediately responded too and it saddens me when a guest chooses not to return to the Days Inn of Natchez because we want everyone to return. So I always suggest that to our guests at least give us another opportunity to prove that we can turn things around! So if you are ever wanting to give the Days Inn of Natchez chance to prove that we can make things right, please feel free to call me personally here at the hotel (601 445 8291) and let us see what we can do. I hope your travels were safe and that you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Take care

Steve Rosberg

Been to Days Inn Natchez? Share your experiences!