“Not happy with my experience. Good accomodations, though.” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   627 South Canal Street, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Natchez
Natchez, United States
“Not happy with my experience. Good accomodations, though.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Because of the extreme noise in the room above mine, I only got 2 hours of sleep my first night. This turned out to be a domestic call that required police involvement. The second night was better, but could still hear noise above me. My room was not cleaned when I came in the second day. I chose not to move into another room, because I had to switch rooms before unpacking my things. The A/C did not work, the television had no picture, the fridge made a knocking sound, and the alarm clock battery was low and the time could not be corrected due to the type of clock it was. Staff apologized and were very nice, but I expected more from a Hampton.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I am so sorry that you were disturbed by some noises from the guests above your room and your A/C unit was not working properly. I do thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I can discuss this at our management meeting. Our main concern is for our guests to have a comfortable and peaceful stay and I assure you that we will be taking your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is one of the cleanest Hampton Inn that I have ever stayed. The front desk staff is attentive and friendly. The amenities are inline with all the Hampton's I ever stayed but the staff here makes it even a more likable stay than the others. Kudos to the management and their efforts.

Room Tip: Highest floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I would like to "thank you" for your kind words. We work very hard to make our guest's feel like they are "part of our family", and it is good knowing that you felt comfortable here. If you are ever in the area again please stay with us again.
tyler, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The only issue was the tile in the bathroom had mildew on it, which should never occur if the tile/grout was cleaned and disinfected between guests. That is a little concerning for the overall cleanliness of the room. Otherwise, the rest of the amenities were great. The front desk staff was excellent, friendly, helpful and efficient.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. My staff appreciates the comments they received from you. Our next big project will be renovating the bathrooms, this will take care of the problem there. We all hope to see you again in the future.
CHARLOTTE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel has the added benefit of overlooking the river from a distance but the real view is of a magnificent bridge all lit up at night. High floor facing the river is a wonderful experience. Recently renovated so they are still working on the punch list a bit. Good breakfast. WHERE ARE THE AFTERNOON COOKIES!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review! I agree with you 100% - the bridge lit up at night is a wonderful site. We have discontinued our evening cookies BUT we are now offering a "Manager's Reception" Monday thru Thursday nights. On your next visit please plan on being a part of that. Again, thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a nice review.
Arnaudville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This Hampton Inn in Natchez was excellent!! The staff was so friendly and the room was so clean and fresh!! Can't wait to go back!!!! The breakfast was great!! The staff was always smiling and gracious!! I would recommend this Hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

thank you for your GREAT review. I have shared your comments with my staff and they would all like to thank you too. We look forward to your return should you be in our area again.
Libertyville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice, and it is a great place to stay before leaving early the next morning. During this stay, we were able to let the granddaughters swim in the pool, so a very good stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Southern Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stopped in Natchez for two days on the way back from New Orleans so that I could tour several of the wonderful Antebellum homes in Natchez. The Hampton was a great place to stay. Perfect location directly across from the visitor's center where you picked up the tickets for the house tours. You can easily walk down into the historic district. The room itself was large and fairly recently updated. I enjoyed the free wi-fi and the free hot breakfast every morning. One day housekeeping didn't get to my room, but there was a huge tour bus of teenagers checking out so I'm sure it took a long time to clean their rooms. Luckily I don't make a mess and reuse my towels. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Natchez.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Wanted to write a short note to thank you for your kind review. It is nice to have the visitors center right across the street from us, very convenient for our guest's. Our renovations is complete and we feel we have the nicest hotel in the city. If you are in the area again please stop by and stay with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez? Share your experiences!