“Excellent Location with nice rooms” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   627 South Canal Street, Natchez, MS 39120   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 19 hotels in Natchez
Southern Indiana
“Excellent Location with nice rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stopped in Natchez for two days on the way back from New Orleans so that I could tour several of the wonderful Antebellum homes in Natchez. The Hampton was a great place to stay. Perfect location directly across from the visitor's center where you picked up the tickets for the house tours. You can easily walk down into the historic district. The room itself was large and fairly recently updated. I enjoyed the free wi-fi and the free hot breakfast every morning. One day housekeeping didn't get to my room, but there was a huge tour bus of teenagers checking out so I'm sure it took a long time to clean their rooms. Luckily I don't make a mess and reuse my towels. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Natchez.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Wanted to write a short note to thank you for your kind review. It is nice to have the visitors center right across the street from us, very convenient for our guest's. Our renovations is complete and we feel we have the nicest hotel in the city. If you are in the area again please stop by and stay with us again.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stay in this Hampton every time I travel through Natchez. I always choose Hampton IInns when traveling, but this one is my favorite.
The hotel is easy to find, right across the street from the visitor's center with a great view of the bridge and river. It is a very clean hotel, with freshly cleaned bedspreads between every guest. The clean white bedspread policy is standard for the chain, and why I choose them exclusively.
The other huge selling point, for me, is the friendliness of the staff. I am always warmly welcomed and treated as a PERSON, not a chore, when at the front desk, eating breakfast, or using any of the hotel facilities.
The rooms in this hotel are spacious, clean and modern. I love the extra outlets at the desk and nightstand- no searching for a wall plug behind furniture to plug in your technology, and no fighting for the one plug with your traveling companions. There's enough for everyone!
The bathrooms are well appointed- modern granite counters and nicely tiled tub/showers with curved shower rods so the shower curtain doesn't grab you while you bathe.
Did I mention clean? The whole facility- from the parking lot to the common areas to the rooms and bathrooms are exceptionally clean. I love this!
Breakfast choices include waffles, eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, muffins, cereal, real oatmeal and fixings, yoghurt, boiled eggs and all the breakfast drinks you might want. They have remodeled the breakfast area and it really easy to walk in and survey what you want to eat in a glance. The eating/ common area is spacious, so you don't have to sit right next to strangers while you eat. We did start conversations with other guests, and found everyone to be in a good mood, and so friendly, even though it was rainy and dreary outside. I think the warm happy atmosphere of the Natchez Hampton is catching!
If you are traveling to Natchez, and not sure about where to stay, choose this Hampton! Their prices are competitive, or lower, than similar quality hotels, and I guarantee you will get the best of southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side of the hotel, on a higher floor, for the best views of the beautifu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you So much for you positive review, we will always welcome you here. So many times only NEGATIVE people take the time to comment on hotels, it is really refreshing to have someone put in good reviews. Again, thank you, and we are so very happy that you are a loyal Hilton customer!
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I will never lodge at this Hampton Inn location again!! My family and I discovered HUGE BLOOD stains in our room. When the problem was addressed, we weren't offered another room nor was the General Manager available to resolve. It's been over 10 days since my stay and my complaint has yet to be resolved.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so SORRY that you considered this as your way of getting action completed on your many complaints. I HAVE finished your file - you received a 100% for one night of your stay - that's it, quit asking for more! I AM ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO TALK TO GUEST's, perhaps you have just forgotten when WE TALKED (twice) on the phone?? BTW - we both know that the "BLOOD STAINS" you have talked about were really only coffee stains on the bottom side of the pull out sofa sleeper mattress (which we have now cleaned). I cannot believe the extent some people will try - just to get something for nothing!! Well, it worked - I gave you the one night - that's it, we are done. Thanks for choosing the Hampton while you were in Natchez!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

A beautiful, well-appointed room, excellent breakfast and great location! Lots of room, great layout and excellent mattress and pillows! We enjoyed our stay very much! The only thing I regret was not doing the HHonors program before we left!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review - we appreciate your comments. We all hope you come back to see us should you be in the area,
Marysville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Great value. Just outside of historic areas.
Good luck finding someplace to eat out at on Sunday or Monday. The whole town shuts down. Just Magnolias, under Nachez, was open in the historic areas.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review. I do agree that we need a few more restaurants open on Sunday and Monday nights - people need to eat then too! hope you decide to stay with us should you return to the area.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here in September for one night. the hotel was clean and comfortable with a good breakfast. It has a pool near the entrance and carpark so not much privacy but was functional.
You would also need transport to get into the town or along the river path from this Hotel.
It was very quite in the rooms though and the quietest Air Con on my whole trip of the deep south so thsi was a great plus..got a good nights sleep here.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and it was really quite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! Your business is very important to us, and we hope you choose us again should you return to the area.
memphis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

very satisfied with the hotel. It was clean and well managed. Rooms are so quiet you might need a noise maker if quiet is not your style and white noise is a sleep requirement. The location was central and Natchez is a quaint little town. We went for a kayak race and had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you during the phatwater challenge next year!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez? Share your experiences!