“Should have been Better” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Getaway Deal
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Natchez
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Should have been Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We love Hilton properties and try to stay at them whenever we can. We have stayed at this Hampton before and it was good but this time we stayed was during a major festival in the city and the hotel was checking their alarm system. It was being checked on our arrival and the alarm would give off a high pitched noise every few minutes. This continued on up into the early evening. We had wanted to rest before going out but this was impossible. We could see where it would need to be checked but seems like there could have been a better time then on a Friday afternoon. There was remodeling going on also and the hotel needed it but the baseboards had been removed on our floor giving a shabby appearance but we could overlook that due to the remodeling. We love Natchez and hope the Hampton has all this sorted out on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites while you were in Natchez. The renovations are nearly completed, just a few small things left to attend to. I am very happy with the appearance of the hotel. Would like to apologize for the alarms that were being tested - BUT - because of where we are located we have to pretty much let the company that is from Jackson MS, do the work while they are in the area. I hope you considr us should you return - I think you will be surprised with the results of our hard work.

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Checking in was comical (20 min for 3 people) - 1 person doing the work ineptly, while another staff member and manager watched (not bothering to use the other terminal).

Bizarrely, after all that, I was given the same room as another person in my party.

What got me to write is that I had a room above me with kids jumping around until 2 in the morning. After several calls to the room and front desk, the front desk told me I could go to another hotel. That was 2 in the morning!

I fully recommend all travelers take her advice and go to a different hotel. This is a 100% "one and done" stop.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is my advice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry if there were some children staying in the hotel room above you; however, I especially would like to apologize that our staff did not resolve this issue promptly to your satisfaction and that they weren't more efficient during your check-in, the lady that just stood there and didn't help was in training and if I were there I am sure it was just for a moment. I truly appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our front desk staff regarding your comments, even though they had mentioned your stay to me long before I read this. I can guarantee that our MAIN concern is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us, all of them, and I regret that we fell short of your expectations.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.
Plano, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The front desk attendant took forever to check me in...the lobby area was in disaray because of remodeling going on. The rate for this hotel was very high for the inconvenience. NOBODY was taking care of the complimentary breakfast in the make-shift room provided...since the original breakfast room was being remodeled.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by the construction that we are currently undergoing. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you we are doing everything we can in order to finalize our remodeling as quickly as possible.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Jasper, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The rooms are always clean and comfortable, and the staff seems eager to assist. I enjoy having the microwave & microwave popcorn supplied in the room for a late night snack when returning to the room. The full breakfast is also an added bonus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Russellville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family stayed here for an overnight stay in Natchez. The hotel was doing a little reconstruction on the lobby, but it didn't bother my stay. The temporary breakfast room was small and cramped, but the food hit the spot. The rooms were fabulous!! Very nice, the kids loved the complimentary microwave popcorn and the bed was heavenly after a long day of traveling. We didn't want to get up!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is probably not practical for a hotel like this to close during renovations, but it certainly does need the work. Only one of the two elevators worked and as mentioned in other reviews this created long waits. The temporary breakfast area was not large enough to hold the people while I was there.
None of these problems are to fault the staff who were both friendly and helpful, but I really think that if this hotel is to stay open during these renovations, Hampton should offer a discounted rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We decided on a quick trip to Natchez for the 4th of July. The Haptom's Lobby was under construction at the time we stayed here. Staff was very nice. Our room was clean and quite. We would not hestiate to stay again and do have plans to do so. We love the Natchez area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez? Share your experiences!