“Remodeling Disaster!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Natchez
Plano, United States
“Remodeling Disaster!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The front desk attendant took forever to check me in...the lobby area was in disaray because of remodeling going on. The rate for this hotel was very high for the inconvenience. NOBODY was taking care of the complimentary breakfast in the make-shift room provided...since the original breakfast room was being remodeled.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by the construction that we are currently undergoing. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you we are doing everything we can in order to finalize our remodeling as quickly as possible.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Jasper, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The rooms are always clean and comfortable, and the staff seems eager to assist. I enjoy having the microwave & microwave popcorn supplied in the room for a late night snack when returning to the room. The full breakfast is also an added bonus.

Russellville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family stayed here for an overnight stay in Natchez. The hotel was doing a little reconstruction on the lobby, but it didn't bother my stay. The temporary breakfast room was small and cramped, but the food hit the spot. The rooms were fabulous!! Very nice, the kids loved the complimentary microwave popcorn and the bed was heavenly after a long day of traveling. We didn't want to get up!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is probably not practical for a hotel like this to close during renovations, but it certainly does need the work. Only one of the two elevators worked and as mentioned in other reviews this created long waits. The temporary breakfast area was not large enough to hold the people while I was there.
None of these problems are to fault the staff who were both friendly and helpful, but I really think that if this hotel is to stay open during these renovations, Hampton should offer a discounted rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We decided on a quick trip to Natchez for the 4th of July. The Haptom's Lobby was under construction at the time we stayed here. Staff was very nice. Our room was clean and quite. We would not hestiate to stay again and do have plans to do so. We love the Natchez area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Natchez, Mississippi for the last four nights. Day one and continuing, the hotel was under renovation which I must add, it was in need of. Detours were in place and some elevators were out of service. The rooms were of average size for my expectations and all electronic equipment worked well. The bed comforters appeared to be a bit old and not exactly up to the standards one would expect paying $120 per night.

The TV however had a mind of its own. It woke me up every morning prior to the alarm clock. I overheard another guest expressing the same concern at the free breakfast the following morning, suggesting there was a ghost in his room.

The elevators were partially operational and there was no ice machine or vending machines on my floor due to the construction. The air conditioner worked well though!

The bathroom sink would not drain. I inspected it to find the hardware under the sink was defective and it wasn't due to a clogged drain. I reported this to the front desk but I saw no improvement when I returned to my room that evening. Then that night I had no cold water in my bathroom. I will add however that their water temperature is very hot and not conducive for taking a nice relaxing shower after a hard days work!!

But what upset me the most was that the Internet went out and stayed out at least for 24 hours, and by then I had decided to check out. I tried to use their Internet to check in on my plane flight, but that was a no go! When I physically checked out, the desk clerk informed me that their computer was not functioning and she was not able to check me out but was kind enough to inform me to go on anyway, that she wasn't going to make me stay and she would figure something else out later in the day!

The staff were very nice and pleasant as one would expect from Southern people!

Room Tip: The restaurant consisted of a couple small vending machines for sandwiches and snacks. But the conti...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I do empathize with your situation and assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed and availability of our Wi-Fi connection. We strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms; however, I apologize if we came short of delivering what you expected from us. With this in mind, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I truly regret any inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.
Bowling Green, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

In a town that prides itself on it's B&B's, the Hampton Inn in Natchez is a solid, reliable hotel and very conveniently located across the street from the Visitor's Center.

The hotel was still undergoing lobby renovations and so the guests were crowded (and I mean CROWDED) into a couple of the meeting rooms. But once the renovations are done, I think the hotel will be more visitor friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators and toward the river and bluff.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez? Share your experiences!